This one day intensive course is a powerful practical introduction to unlocking the secrets of colour and painting with a limited pallet. The exciting world of colour is put at your fingertips with this course. It is a wonderful exploration of the limited pallet. The science of colour is introduced in a meaningful, simple, practical way which will change the way you look at nature and art forever.
This class is suitable for beginners and those looking to further explore their understanding and interest in painting.
Christopher Horder has been painting for over 20 years. Graduating with Honours in Painting from the National Art School. He has exhibited in numerous solo and group shows nationally and internationally. Chris has over 10 years teaching experience and brings with him a dynamic teaching style which makes his classes very enjoyable and always different. Chris has been a finalist in the Brett Whitley Travelling Arts Scholarship The Dobell Drawing prize, and winner of the Mosman Emerging Artist Award. He is currently working on a body of work for his 2nd solo show at Nanda\Hobbs .
- Learn to see and mix colour and tone and Learn how to mix any colour using red, blue and yellow
- Using the building blocks of form, tone, colour and structure and learn to construct paintings from thumbnail sketches to finished paintings using the tradition of Notans to build strong compositions
- Learn the history of art in a practical way, learning from the masters and how they influenced modern day painting
- Tuition under an experienced professional practicing artist with over 15 years teaching experience
- Small class size to ensure individual attention
- The confidence to develop your own practice to build a portfolio or just enrich your experience of painting
- A materials pack for this course is found here: https://pigmentlab.com.au/products/materialspackpracticalcolourtheorywithstilllifeoilpaintingchrishorder
Casual and comfortable
All skill levels are welcome!
Vendor since 2018
Pigment Lab is a purveyor of fine art, design & illustration supplies. We provide products of a higher quality suitable for artists, designers & students coupled with an unmatched level of product expertise and customer service.
We are presenting high quality experiences with a variety of exceptional teachers that will not dissapoint!
Pigment Lab requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Pigment Lab to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Pigment Lab or organised by Pigment Lab must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Pigment Lab.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Pigment Lab unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Pigment Lab classes and events or on Pigment Lab's premises. (For use of Pigment Lab marketing materials).
Pigment Lab requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.