Intermediate Taxidermy - Rabbit - Melbourne
Rest in Pieces invites existing students from the 1-day Beginner Rat Taxidermy class or participants who have completed the DIY Revival Kit to join our 2-day Intermediate Rabbit Workshop.
Throughout the 2-day Workshop (9 - 7pm both Saturday and Sunday) we will lead you further down the taxidermy rabbit hole, building upon and refining your skills in skinning, fleshing, preserving, and mounting a complete specimen. You will also be guided through the traditional torso building technique of soft body wrapping and learn some of the basics of warm water maceration and beetle feeding.
At the end of the 2-day workshop, you will walk away with a gorgeous rabbit in your choice of one of three poses: standing, sitting or lying down. You will also have the option of purchasing a Take Home Kit to practice your newly acquired skills in your own time.
As usual, the RIP team will take care of everything for you. All necessary tools along with your specimen, apron, food, drinks, and even wine will be provided on the day.
Would you like to book a Take Home Kit?
Workshop + Kit contains the following:
- Frozen Rabbit
- Tools for skinning and mounting your specimen
- Products for cleaning, fleshing, and specimen preparation
- List of instructions used during the 2-day workshop
Please note: if you are flying in from interstate and want a Take Home Kit, you will need to have checked in luggage as many of the sharp items will not be accepted in hand luggage.
What you will learn
- Techniques and processes for skinning, fleshing, preserving, body wrapping and mounting your specimen over 2 days
- Warm water maceration techniques for skull cleaning and watch the Dermestid (flesh eating beetles!!!) in action
- Choose to mount your specimen either standing, sitting, or lying down
What you will get
- Your own specimen to work on
- Create your own beautiful Rabbit from start to finish
- Optional Take Home Kit to work on your skills in your own time
- All the tools required for the 2-day workshop
- Lunch, snacks, refreshments, bubbles and wine
- A full 2-day intermediate experience
- Spend time with like-minded people and a wonderful community
What to bring
- Camera or camera phone
- A strong tummy
What to wear
Dress in layers to suit a Melbourne Warehouse climate
Existing R.I.P students who have completed the DIY Revival Kit or the Beginner Mouse Taxidermy Class
Taxidermy - Taxis 'arrangement' + Derma 'skin'
Natalie Delaney-John has travelled far and wide to learn the art of taxidermy and has been mentored by some of the world's best and most awarded taxidermists. She is the proud founder of Rest in Pieces, which launched Australia's first taxidermy workshops, conducts talks, demonstrations and now sells DIY kits so that you can learn this beautiful art in the comfort of your own home.
Since 2016, the Rest in Pieces team has expanded further into the 'dying arts', offering new classes and workshops aimed at preserving and presenting natural specimens.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a credit note.
- A refund can be requested 14 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$50.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 14 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$10.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 14 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$10.00 applies.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Rest in Pieces or organised by Rest in Pieces must agree to these terms and conditions:
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Rest in Pieces.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Rest in Pieces unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Rest in Pieces classes and events or on Rest in Pieces' premises. (For use of Rest in Pieces marketing materials).
See refund section.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit. Class cancellations may occur where necessary, for example where class bookings do not meet minimum numbers.
Students agree not to attend classes if they are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 and/or if they have been advised to self-isolate in line with government restrictions.