Our box-making workshop is an ideal extension to our beginners book-binding workshop. Learn to create a custom made housing for your hard covered journal using a range of materials and tools of the trade, under the guidance of an experienced bookbinder.
SIMON DART - OWNER, BOOKBINDER
Simon has been bookbinding for over 15 years. He brings to the bench experience gained from binderies locally and internationally, where his skills were honed working under the guidance of master craftsmen. His attention to detail and passion for the craft are some of the driving forces behind the business.
Duration: 5.5 Hours, from 9:30am until 3pm
- Create a custom made housing for your hard covered journal
- Use traditional binding equipment
- New skills that you can use for many other home projects
- All materials
- Use of traditional binding equipment
- One full day tuition
- Take-home bookbinding kit comprising of simple binders tools and a manual
- Lunch, tea & coffee
- Small group instruction (maximum 6 people)
- Your interest to learn!
Vendor sincce 2017
SB Libris, known as 'Libris', was established as a boutique bindery in 2004. Such a unique business required a building of suitable character, so the workshop came to fruition inside a classic, Victorian building. Perfectly located in the Arts Precinct of Bendigo, Australia, Libris is nestled amongst galleries, theatres, cafes and other boutique businesses.