Clay Sculpture Course: Make A Totem Pole
(Private Dates Available)
Looking for unique things to do in Mornington? Learn clay sculpture making over two days with Slow Life Workshops and create your very own custom totem pole!
Bring along your drawings or ideas for your totem pole and we will take you through the design process step by step.
- You'll be acquainted with the types of clay to use.
- We'll explore the refinement of drawings to allow success in the construction process.
- You'll learn how to make facial features and how to create an interesting torso for your totem pole.
- All sculptures will be fired, ready for the second session.
1) Day one session: Saturday 28th August 9 am- 4 pm
2) Day one session: Saturday 16th October 9 am- 4 pm.
- We will underglaze and glaze our sculptures, adding colour through pattern, texture and design work, so we can bring your work to life!
- A demonstration will show how to form all your pieces together using metal rods to support your work from the base to the head of your sculpture.
1) Day two session: Saturday 14th August 9 am - 4 pm.
2) Day two session: Saturday 27th November 9 am - 4 pm.
After the course, your teacher will glaze your work a second time and organize a pick-up date for the collection of your sculptural pieces and structural metal elements which you will later put together at home.
All firing is at the cost of the participant and will be paid before the second duration of the second date of the workshop. All the metal connections will be supplied ready for your installation once the ceramics have been fired.
What you will learn
- How to construct a 3 dimensional totem pole from ceramics. How to underglaze and glaze the work and how to install the artwork in the garden.
What you will get
- - Lunch is provided to settle those hunger pangs as you work. All glazes, equipment and materials will be supplied.
Parking is provided at the property and surrounding streets.
What to bring
- A good time and creativity.
What to wear
Groups of people wanting a different creative experience.
Slow Life Workshops provides a unique experience that embarks on a personal journey of art making and self discovery. Unique environments are hand picked around Australia and Overseas to mirror the whole experience of self in an inspirational setting. Specific art techniques and skills are taught in a variety of different courses. Ceramics, Drawing, Painting, Portraiture and Sculpture are some of the types of workshops available. The location of the workshop may influence the study of subject matter. The food is sourced locally, and the whole body, mind and spirit are considered.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
You may cancel anytime before class starts and claim a full refund or transfer or credit note.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Slow Life Workshops or organised by Slow Life Workshops must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Slow Life Workshops
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Slow Life Workshops unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Slow Life Workshops classes and events or on Slow Life Workshops premises. (For use of Slow Life Workshops marketing materials).
Slow Life Workshops requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Slow Life Workshops, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.