This introductory workshop will provide participants with an understanding of how to set up a Manual Screen Print carousel which will enable designers to screen print up to four colours accurately and efficiently. Carousel printing is perfect for production runs of placement prints on T-shirts, sweatshirts, tote bags, tea towels and will enable printers to achieve a professional print run efficiently.
If you have had some experience with creating designs for screenprints and you are now wanting to get your design out into the marketplace this is the workshop for you. A great way to produce single or multicolored designs.
If you know how to prepare your own photographic stencils, this workshop will also provide you with the induction to be able to book the carousel if you join Sunshine Print Artspace and wish to produce your own collections of printed products.
- How to set up the carousel, registration of artwork onto screens and correct use of the squeegees.
- How to print a small production run, screen printing inks and working with different coloured fabrics.
- This session will be an induction for anyone wishing to book the carousel to do their own projects at Sunshine Print Artspace
- You will gain practical experience of screen printing a small print run of a 3 colour design.
- We will provide all the materials for you to use and will also provide technical notes.
- You might like to bring a white T- shirt to print on.
Bring an apron or old clothes that you don't mind getting any marks on and wear fully covered shoes.
Open to everyone interested as you will learn about screen printing production runs. If you have already tried screen printing and your are interested in taking the process to the next level and doing production runs this is the workshop for you.
Vendor since 2018
Sunshine Print Artspace Inc (SPA), is a Not for profit creative hub and a place for self-expression and creativity. SPA is a Members organisation dedicated to fostering, promoting and facilitating excellence and innovation in artistic practice by providing an access printmaking studio for established and emerging artists and members of our community.
We offer a range of printmaking workshops for both paper and textile printing and can design specific workshops for kids, parties and corporate events. Our workshops are delivered by highly experienced artists and tutors and can be designed to suit all levels of experience.