In this weekend 2-day weekend workshop you will learn how to create detailed artwork using a variety of different mediums and materials suitable for photographic stencils. You will prepare a one colour placement design suitable for a textile product eg. T-shirts, tote bags or tea towels.
You will also learn
- Preparation and screen coating, emulsions for photographic stencils.
- Registration of stencils to screens and exposure and development of images of images
- Correct screenprinting inks, suitable types of fabric and colour mixing.
- How to use a squeegee correctly and efficiently.
- Sample printing and experimentation with paper stencils as a second colour.
- Screen Reclamation and safe work practices
- How to create designs suitable to used as photographic stencils using different mediums and materials
- How to prepare coat and expose images onto screens and then print onto textiles.
- This session will be an induction for anyone wishing to become a Member of SPA and to then access the facilities to print their own projects.
- You will gain practical experience of all the praprtiong required to successfully produce a photographic screen printed product.
- We will provide all the equipment and materials for you to use, technical notes and workspace..
- You might like to bring extra white fabric to print on or T- shirts, totes. We will have tea towels for sale on the day.
Bring an apron or old clothes that you don't mind getting any marks on and wear fully covered shoes.
Open to everyone interested. You will learn about screen printing processes.If you have done a beginners workshop this will be a great next stage for you.
Vendor since 2018
Sunshine Print Artspace Inc (SPA), is a Not for profit creative hub and a place for self-expression and creativity. SPA is a Members organisation dedicated to fostering, promoting and facilitating excellence and innovation in artistic practice by providing an access printmaking studio for established and emerging artists and members of our community.
We offer a range of printmaking workshops for both paper and textile printing and can design specific workshops for kids, parties and corporate events. Our workshops are delivered by highly experienced artists and tutors and can be designed to suit all levels of experience.
Sunshine Print Artspace requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Sunshine Print Artspace to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Sunshine Print Artspace or organised by Sunshine Print Artspace must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Sunshine Print Artspace .
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Sunshine Print Artspace unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Sunshine Print Artspace classes and events or on Sunshine Print Artspace 's premises. (For use of Sunshine Print Artspace marketing materials).
Sunshine Print Artspace requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.