Would you love to be able to screen print your own designs onto T-shirts or fabric?
Get that unique satisfaction that comes from taking your artwork/digital design through to a garment or art piece you have printed yourself. Learn the photo-emulsion stencil-making process, and how to screen print on a carousel.
In this full-day workshop, we give you advice and guidance to ensure your artwork is completely print-ready. We will take you step-by-step through the preparation of your screen, including coating and exposing, the print process then how to reuse your screen.
You will learn how to register a screen on the carousel, which inks are most suitable for different mediums, and the tricks and techniques to ensure a successful print. You will also see a demonstration of how to register and print a multi-coloured design.
We will have plenty of calico and blanks for you to practice on before you print your own garments and art prints.
An overview and ongoing support on how to screen print in your own home or studio.
This workshop session will be led by David Marsh (Mr Bucket)
David has over 25 years of experience as a designer. His label “Mr Bucket” gained a cult following while he also freelanced as a graphic designer. His business also included
a commercial screen-printing operation. He has presented over 50 workshops to schools after presentations to Vis. Comm. students at Melbourne Museum’s “Top Design”.
He now works in the disability sector as a Community Development Worker and Arts Facilitator.
What you will learn
- This is a great way to learn about photographic screen printing processes and techniques.
What you will get
- You will have fun learning how to design and drawn your own images for photographic stencils
Parking is available on the street.
What to bring
- Please bring a pair of rubber gloves, and a notebook and pen or phone with a camera to record demonstrations. You will need to prepare some artwork prior tot he session and email it to us so that we can prepare your film positives for the day. You will be sent details on booking.
What to wear
Wear old clothing and if you have an apron or coverall. Wear fully covered shoes.
This workshop is suitable for anyone interested in surface design and fabric printing. No previous experience is necessary..
Sunshine Print Space is an artist-run collective focusing on printmaking processes. We provide facilities for screenprinting on textiles and paper, lithography, and lino block printing. We offer introductory workshops in a range of traditional and experimental printmaking techniques. We offer small group sessions and can cater to private groups or individuals as needed.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$40.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
- Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Sunshine Pirnt Artspace or organised by Sunshine Pirnt Artspace must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Sunshine Pirnt Artspace
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Sunshine Pirnt Artspace unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Sunshine Pirnt Artspace classes and events or on Sunshine Pirnt Artspace premises. (For use of Sunshine Pirnt Artspace marketing materials).