Lino block printing
Are you curious about printmaking? Ever wanted to take up lino block printing? Why not try this introductory printmaking workshop? In this full-day session, Adrian Spurr who is a well-established Melbourne Sculptor and Printmaker will share his expertise and teach you how to create your own Linocut print. In this introductory session, you will learn about the characteristics of lino used for printing, tools, and methods used to safely create line and texture, inks and ways to ink a block, different types of printing paper, and how to print using a roller press.
You will be provided with the carving tools, a small lino block, paper for test printing, and artist-quality paper for a small edition of 3 prints, 15 x15cm black ink on white paper prints.
You will also be provided with information about where to purchase your own materials and equipment so you can undertake further projects.
What you will learn
- A fantastic introduction to hand carving an image and printmaking processes.
What you will get
- An opportunity to create your own mini edition of prints. All materials will be provided to create your own printed designs. Printing inks, artist quality paper.
Parking is available on the street.
What to bring
- Please bring your lunch.
What to wear
Wear old clothing and if you have an apron or coverall. Wear fully covered shoes.
This workshop is suitable for anyone interested in printmaking. No previous experience is necessary..
Sunshine Print Space is an artist-run collective focusing on printmaking processes. We provide facilities for screenprinting on textiles and paper, lithography, and lino block printing. We offer introductory workshops in a range of traditional and experimental printmaking techniques. We offer small group sessions and can cater to private groups or individuals as needed.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$40.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
- Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Sunshine Pirnt Artspace or organised by Sunshine Pirnt Artspace must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Sunshine Pirnt Artspace
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Sunshine Pirnt Artspace unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Sunshine Pirnt Artspace classes and events or on Sunshine Pirnt Artspace premises. (For use of Sunshine Pirnt Artspace marketing materials).