Modern European cake. (4 hours class)
Please note. WE ONLY ACCEPT STUDENTS FROM 15 YO ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT OR 16 YO ON THEIR OWN.
In this short class 3 1/2 hours, course each student will make a modern European cake; we don’t do share work. The emphasis will not be on the cake itself but more on all the different techniques and recipes necessary to create it. Depending on the course it will include some of the following products. All will be done from scratch, no premix used.
Element performance criteria
- Orange biscuit
- Hazelnut streusel
- Lemon cremeux
- Chocolate garnishes
- Lime /Apple jelly agar agar
- Mirror glaze
What you will learn
- All will be done from scratch, no premix used and you will make it all by yourself,
- New mirror glazing and chocolate techniques used in Europe
- How to make mousse, biscuit sponge and incoprporate them into a cake to create an infinity of your own creation.
What you will get
- Recipe book and apron will be provided at the beginning of the course, for students to keep.
- Students will take home their products. Boxes will be provided.
Free parking at the front of the school.
What to bring
- Just your love for baking and your need to learn .
- Bring your drink bottle and your camera.
- it is a 3 1/2 to 4 hours class. we Can stop brifly for a coffee but don't have time for a full lunch brake. Make sure that you can stand up that long. High chair are available to seat at the table.
What to wear
Wear casual and light clothes, sneakers or shoes with thick sole are recommended.
No prerequisite for this course – open to public and trade.
Vendor since 2015
Welcome to your school.
All our classes are designed for beginners. You will feel at ease in any of the classes with other students of the same baking level as yours.
For all our training courses we use ingredients that will be easy for you to get from your shopping place.
The courses are designed to be delivered in an intensive few hours block. You do not need to book for a series,
The training you will receive is of a very high standard – equal to European standards (without the cost of flying there!) and you will have the opportunity to learn all about Pastry using the latest equipment and techniques direct from Europe. All the courses are designed for trade and public. Most courses do not require any prerequisite – the only requirement is that you are a food fanatic. Also, all the tools are provided, so you won’t need to buy any tools that you may not use again.
To achieve these high standards whilst catering for individual learning, class sizes will range from 1 student up to a maximum of 7 students, depending on the course.
Courses can be developed and tailored to suit your needs for both individuals and small groups. Instruction, training and/or demonstrations can be done at our premises or we can come to you if you have a sufficient number of students and adequate facilities.
We understand that last minutes problem do happen or you may have slept in Don't worry, just send us an email for rebooking, We don't need to know the reason. We want you to attend our class. (you can rebook but we won't refund the class).
We reserve the right to cancel a class if the minimum attendance number is not reached. (Your fee will be refunded or rescheduled, you will get the choice.
Vouchers can be passed on to another person, but cannot be refunded
Once booked, the class will not be refunded, but you will get a credit note.
Terms & Conditions
Important Health and Safety Information
- For safety reasons, you will need to be 16 years or older to attend our courses.
- Our courses are NOT SUITABLE if you are allergic to NUTS or other food ingredients.
- For health and safety reasons, enclosed shoes must be worn during training. Long hair must be tied back, and avoid wearing loose bracelets or bangles, keep your rings at home.
- Casual and light clothes are suitable. As you will stand up for a period of time, snickers or shoes with thick sole are recommended.
You will get a recipe folder and an apron for you to take home. Video recording and photos are permitted but do not include other students in your shots without asking them first.
- For a full day course, you will have a 30 minutes lunch break.
For a short class, 3 to 4 hours, we won't have time for a lunch break, but the will have a coffee break.
- A dining room is provided for your breaks. Hot and cold drinks, cookies and breakfast bars will be available free of charge.
- We have ample free parking space in front of our premises. We are located just a 10 min walk from Joondalup train station, in the business park opposite the shopping centre. We encourage you to use public transport, we have a free pick up and drop off at the Joondalup train station, organise it in advance.
- I sometimes take photos of the classes for my FB page, please let me know if you don't want to be included in the photos.
- Vouchers can be passed on to another person, but cannot be refunded.