This art course is a 4 week introduction on ceramics and is all inclusive. Discover the basics of slipware or greenware - earthenware poured into molds and then dried. You won 't be making your pieces as all pieces have been slipcast by me in my workshop and brought into the studio for you to design on . I will teach you 3-4 techniques used to paint your ceramics.
All our pieces are dishwasher safe, microwavable and you can eat out of them every day. All functional ceramics.
This 4 week course will take you through 3 very basic techniques used in ceramics, with drawing, brushwork, banding, waxing, wax layering, reverse scraffitto and glazing .
There will be basic processes you will learn with cleaning ,glazing and painting in the 4 week beginners course.
Once you have completed this Introduction Course you will be ready for your Beginners course and continue with the 10 week course with more techniques to complete your basic knowledge for ceramic decoration.
In this course all materials and greenware are supplied to you to the value of $13 of greenware per class. Your brushes, paints, and glaze we will provide for .You chose what you like from our shelves to the value of $13 if pieces you choose are more then you will pay for the difference and its firing and glazing. All pieces need to be fired twice: 1080 degrees and 1020 degrees.
The cost of this course is for 4 weeks at 3 hrs per class a week .
- Basic techniques used in ceramics, including drawing , brushwork ,banding,waxing,scraffitto, and glaze your own pieces
- You will learn 3 basic techniques and applications for your pieces to create your own masterpieces
- Learn brush stroke, drawing and painting techniques .
- You will choose 3 greenware pieces from our shelves to the value of $13 each
- Tuition under a well trained subject matter specialist , with notes on each technique used.
- No need to spend any more on paints, and brushes as these will be provided for you in class to use.
- All paints, glazing and firing are included in this price, you will be using studio materials
- You will need to bring an A4 folder to put your notes in and an 6B pencil
- Bring a pen and notebook.
- Apron for dust and painting
Wear clothes that you don’t mind getting paint on
Absolute beginners to those that have had some experience in ceramics all are welcome.
Vendor since 2016
Tennyson Studio welcomes you to a quite & tranquil street in Gladesville, where our contemporary studio takes you away to a refuge from the hustle and bustle of everyday life that inspires our clients to relax & indulge their creative side. Come in and smell the coffee roasting, unwind and let your spirit create and paint. Don't worry if you can't draw or paint.
We cater for the absolute beginner through to the advanced students & artists, & can help you create your own hand painted masterpieces.
Tennyson Studio provides a range of contemporary styles and designs to inspire you and offers tuition on many different techniques.
We carry all you may need to complete your masterpiece, with the help of our professional teachers; we have an extensive range of greenware, paints, brushes, tools, glazes and of course a firing service. All our greenware is functional and practical from plates, platters, bowls, vases, cups, umbrella stands, tables and heaps more.
Adults Classes, Kids Art Classes, School Holiday Programs, Kids Birthday Parties, Hens Nights, Workshops, Corporate Team Building, Gift Vouchers, Firing Services, Greenware Supplier
No refunds available unless you contact us with in 48hrs of given class times.
If you have bought gift vouchers they must be redeemmed with in 2 weeks, and no refunds given if you dont turn up to class unless 48 hr notice given.
Please call the studio if dates are not available on this site , on 029879 0444