Is your child interested in learning stencil art and spray-painting?
Our beginners stencil workshop has been specially designed by street artists to give your child a chance to experience working within these mediums under the guidance of a renowned stencil artist. At the end of the class your child will have their very own spray painted artwork to take home, along with the skills and confidence necessary to continue making stencil art for years to come!
This workshop will take place at the famous Blender Studios and places are limited so bookings will be taken on a first in first saved basis.
Suitable for kids aged 10 and up.
- Our stencil street artist will meet you at the famous Blender Studios and welcome you to this special creative establishment
- Our stencil artist will do an introduction to the studios, including an artist talk covering the history of stencil making and street art. You will then head outside to our laneway for a street art demonstration and introduction into spray painting.
- After the demonstration, you will head back inside and work closely with our artist to draw your own design that you will then turn into a stencil. Feel free to bring along reference imagery or photos to work from!
- The artist will guide you through each process and help you make your drawing into a stencil design with bridges and layers. Then it’s time to cut out the stencil from acetate.
- Once the stencil is made its time to paint! Our artist will guide you through a variety of technique to ensure you have a beautiful and unique piece of art to take home.
- Light refreshments will be provided during the workshop.
- Learn how to design and make your own street art stencil from scratch
- Discover the history and relevance of stencils within the street art movement
- Create your own piece of spray painted art onto a canvas or T-shirt to take home
- Professional street art demonstration by our renowned stencil artists
- All materials to create your own street art stencil
- A canvas to take home painted with your own artwork
- The chance to explore the famous Blender Studios in Melbourne’s CBD
- Your creative enthusiasm
- A reference image or photo if you have something specific in mind that you would like to work with (please note this is not mandatory however)
- Any other objects that you might want to paint your stencil on to such as a book cover etc.
Appropriate clothing for a painting class! If spray paint gets on your clothes, chances are it won’t come out.
Anyone interested in learning more about street art, or looking for a fun creative activity. You don’t need to be a good drawer for this class, just come along with your creative enthusiasm!
Vendor since 2016
Many artists from the Blender have achieved great success in their research and practice.
There has always been a heavy research influence at the Blender. There is a lot of discussions and constructive criticism.
Over the years there has been many Blender artists working in a variety of mediums, who have achieved major critical success.
In early 2004 the Blender closed, to be opened again in 2007 in the same place. The climate of the Australian art scene had changed and as the Blender re-opened its doors it was clear that the Blender was also going to be different. We still have a strong link to street art with some of the most famous and prolific street artists calling the Blender home.
The Blender has changed now, it has become more of an art complex with 20+ studios, an artist in residence program, the Blender laneway street art project, the Melbourne Propaganda Window, Dark Horse Experiment and The Melbourne Street Tours.
Blender Studios requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Blender Studios to organise a refund or transfer
Blender Studios reserves the right to cancel workshops should the minimum number of bookings not be met.
In the case that a workshop is cancelled, you will receive a full refund or credit.
Weather Contingency: Workshops will run regardless of unfavourable weather conditions.
No Show- No refund.
Cancellation must be made via e-mail or phone call at least 48hrs prior the workshop time.