Freehand Street Art Workshop
Have you ever wanted to create your own piece of street art? Our freehand workshop offers an exclusive chance to learn a variety of spraypainting techniques from a renowned street artist right here at the famous Blender Studios. The workshop will start with an artist talk from your instructor and street art demonstration where they will cover a range of different can skills to get you started on your spraypainting journey.
The spraypaint can is a challenging tool in comparison to other paint mediums and our artist is here to guide you through all the insider tricks of the trade. After a few practice activities where you will experiment with different techniques in our dedicated spraypainting venue, participants will then head back to the classroom for a short sketching and design session. Armed with your design, we will then head back outside to create our final masterpiece for the day. This workshop is perfect for anyone looking to develop their can control and learn spraypainting techniques for street art and muralism.
Minimum age 14 years.
What you will learn
- This class offers an introduction to street art and freehand spray painting techniques, led by Melbourne's street art star CAPER.
What you will get
- Participants will be involved in a range of practice activities before creating their final spray painted artwork onto large panels in our ‘spraypainting garden’. The panels are too big for most people to take home, so we suggest taking some photos to document your artwork. For anyone wishing to take their panel home this is also possible for a small extra fee to cover the material cost. We supply all materials including paint, caps, safety gear and sketching implements. Light refreshments are also provided.
- Street Parking available on Dudley St (metered)
- Closest/cheapest parking CARe Park, Lot 156 West Tower. 338-360 Dudley St
West Melbourne. 24/7 hour car park, pay and display, $11 for 12 Hours, 700m from Blender Studios (6 minutes walk)
What to bring
- Reference images for sketches (if you want!)
What to wear
Clothes suitable for a painting class.
Anyone interested in refining their can control skills or learn more about freehand spray painting.
Vendor since 2016
The Blender Studios is a renowned art complex with a thriving art studio at its core. Founded in 2001, the studios have evolved alongside the urban art movement in Melbourne and currently hosts 24+ resident artists. Blender Studios is not only a hub for both street artists and fine artists, but it is also the HQ of Melbourne Street Tours, Dark Horse Experiment, The Blender Loft, and Blender Creatives.
We offer a variety of creative workshops at our studio and also online, with mixed-age classes, kids holiday programs, and corporate group workshops! With a focus on having fun while learning new skills, you will learn from only the best professional street artists.
Blender Studios requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Blender Studios to organise a refund or transfer
Terms & Conditions
Blender Studios reserves the right to cancel workshops should the minimum number of bookings not be met.
In the case that a workshop is cancelled, you will receive a full refund or credit.
Weather Contingency: Workshops will run regardless of unfavourable weather conditions.
No Show- No refund.
Cancellation must be made via e-mail or phone call at least 48hrs prior the workshop time.