Because this is always a diverse group of actors each session is tailored to the needs of the group. The Rehearsal Room's unique process is still the foundation of all the lessons but the content will vary from session to session depending on the nature of the group. Its a good idea to bring scenes that you are interested in working on. But The Rehearsal Room files are available to find material if you don't have a scene.
The classes follow the same pattern that most classes at The Rehearsal Room do - there will be discussion about technique, which is followed by the rehearsal of a scene, that is then shot and reviewed.
Actors can either watch or participate and perform a scene. Actors who watch pay $20 for as long as they want to stay. Actors who are performing pay $25 an hour for the time they are attending.
The class is available for 4 hours from 10am - 2pm ... BUT you only stay as long as you want.
- Learn a diverse range of practical skills tailored to your individual needs
- Be able to manage character with simple skills that have you creating a character or changing one in seconds
- Find you place in the scene so that you can engage an audience with the drama
- Record your scenes to take home to assess and measure your progress
- Build your skills with an experienced director
- Come to grips with an acting process that is totally logical and produces wonderfully creative performances
- Test out whether this uniquely practical approach is the right one for you
- Learn how to measure your performances so you can adjust them with ease
- Know what to do when you first read your scene
- Build your skill at learning lines
- Develop the ability to work confidently because you are in charge of your process
- Bring your acting diary so you can take notes.
- Bring a USB stick to record your work or an SD Card for the camera (ask for details of SD Card)
Actors who are experience with The Rehearsal Room process, actors who have never done it before and even people who have never acted before but want to try are welcome in this class.
Vendor sincce 2017
The Rehearsal Room is run by TV Director Richard Sarell who directed television drama for more than 25 years. During that time, he evolved an approach to acting that trains actors in techniques that enable them to compete and survive in the modern world of screen performance.
The techniques are based on simple principles that quickly produce professional results. They enable the actor to create complex real characters that are perfect for the screen but are also relevant for the stage. These classes enable actors to make choices that drive the character's interactions in a way that generates a compelling dramatic performance. The actors skill is to engage an audience because they feel they are watching a real life interaction. These classes provide the tools to deliver those outcomes.
Richard has been conducting workshops for professional actors in Australia and New Zealand for two decades, working with institutions such as the Australian Film, Television and Radio School (AFTRS), Australian Screen Directors Association (ASDA), National Theatre Drama School, Federation University and the Victorian College of the Arts (VCA).