This is an opportunity in three hours to broaden your understanding of acting process. It will explore the source of a variety of different impulses that drive your listening in an active way, thereby delivering creative, powerful and thoroughly believable performances. Three different teachers will lead you through different exercises that expand your skills and understanding of Internal Monologues in a new and exciting way.
- Discover a number of ways to make your acting more interesting to an audience and more naturally impulse driven
- Have techniques that are difficult to understand explained in a clear and practical way
- Learn how to stand out from the crowd
- Exercises to perform that help you master the skills
- Explore a number of techniques that drive impulses to your listening
- Come to understand what a director is really looking for in an actor
- Understand the principles behind Stanislavski's Circles of Concentration and discover a modern interpretation
- Acquire an understanding of the strong practical and intellectual foundations that underpin The Rehearsal Room acting process
- Know that a range of sources are available to drive your listening and make you real
- Learn to stand out from the crowd
- Bring your acting diary so you can take notes.
- Bring your sense of fun
- Bring your expectations that this will be another great session.
This workshop is for anyone who wants to come. You can choose to participate or just observe. Either way you will find it a most enjoyable experience.
Vendor since 2017
The Rehearsal Room is run by TV Director Richard Sarell who directed television drama for more than 25 years. During that time, he evolved an approach to acting that trains actors in techniques that enable them to compete and survive in the modern world of screen performance.
The techniques are based on simple principles that quickly produce professional results. They enable the actor to create complex real characters that are perfect for the screen but are also relevant for the stage. These classes enable actors to make choices that drive the character's interactions in a way that generates a compelling dramatic performance. The actors skill is to engage an audience because they feel they are watching a real life interaction. These classes provide the tools to deliver those outcomes.
Richard has been conducting workshops for professional actors in Australia and New Zealand for two decades, working with institutions such as the Australian Film, Television and Radio School (AFTRS), Australian Screen Directors Association (ASDA), National Theatre Drama School, Federation University and the Victorian College of the Arts (VCA).
Once a payment has been made no refunds are available. However, your payment may be able to be transferred to another or future class if a suitable one is available.
The Rehearsal Room provides a supportive environment to enable you to learn quickly and make clear progress. If you have to miss a class it might be possible for you to come an hour earlier for the next week's session to catch you up on the theory that you have missed. Two free one hour catch up sessions are included in your term fee. After that you may have to pay for a private catch up lesson at $70 per hour. Early notification if you can't attend a class is always helpful. That way we can plan ahead.