Anyone who wants to be build their presenting skill or just wants to build their self-confidence will benefit hugely from this very practical course. The classes are so practical that you will be able to measure your improvement from week to week. Although the main focus is on presenting to camera it also deals with the key elements of interviewing and voice over.
The final exercise is to make a programme in which each participant shoots a 4-minute story including two pieces to camera, one interview and one voice over.
- Gain professional skills in presenting to camera, interviewing and voice over
- How to be relaxed and engaging in front of the camera
- Understanding your job will make your presenting and story engaging for the audience
- The exercises are recorded so you can take them home to assess your improvements
- Direct but supportive feedback that has you growing quickly
- Build profoundly simple skills that produce complex and powerful results
- Learn to standout from the crowd
- Work on performing and functioning like a professional on set
- Understand how to contribute to the whole production
- And be in charge of your professional conversations
Parking restrictions apply until 6pm on weekdays. Read the signs carefully.
Trams are very close. The No 58 and No 1 are the best options.
- Bring a notebook and pen to take notes on and write your exercises in
- Bring an SD Card for the camera (ask for details of SD Card)
Casual - although you can try out dress styles and colours that work best for you on camera
Anyone who wants to present publicly or simply needs to build self-confidence will benefit from this intensive workshop.
Vendor since 2017
The Rehearsal Room is run by TV Director Richard Sarell who directed television drama for more than 25 years. During that time, he evolved an approach to acting that trains actors in techniques that enable them to compete and survive in the modern world of screen performance.
The techniques are based on simple principles that quickly produce professional results. They enable the actor to create complex real characters that are perfect for the screen but are also relevant for the stage. These classes enable actors to make choices that drive the character's interactions in a way that generates a compelling dramatic performance. The actors skill is to engage an audience because they feel they are watching a real life interaction. These classes provide the tools to deliver those outcomes.
Richard has been conducting workshops for professional actors in Australia and New Zealand for two decades, working with institutions such as the Australian Film, Television and Radio School (AFTRS), Australian Screen Directors Association (ASDA), National Theatre Drama School, Federation University and the Victorian College of the Arts (VCA).