Dreams do come true, it seems...
Here, at The Windsor Workshop, we have many art and craft heroes. Consider it to be similar to worshipping your favourite sporting team or musician or actor (and if you're younger than us, TikTok'er or YouTube'er lol). If you follow us, I am SURE we share craft champions. This is a pinch me moment. A moment we never thought would happen. But if there is one thing Bree and I have learnt over the years, it is ‘if you don’t ask, you don’t get’. So, we asked!
Enter one of our BIGGEST craft and embroidery heroes - Sam Eldridge. Yes, you read that correctly - S.A.M E.L.D.R.I.D.G.E. From Vancouver. Canada.
Sam will be doing TWO workshops with us on February 19th and sharing her embroidery art of ’thread painting'. This is a once in a lifetime experience and we suggest you get in QUICKLY. There are limited spots and once they go, they go…
*Each participant will need to bring a linen or thin denim piece of clothing. Please note - thin cotton is much easier to rip when working and doesn’t hold up well to larger designs. If you are thinking of using a cotton piece, a sweatshirt type material would be better than a thin t-shirt. Give us a shout if you have any questions regarding your fabric.
What you will learn
- how to choose a design and colours (for your future projects, since design options are provided for this workshop)
- methods for transferring a design to fabric
- thread painting a flower and leaves
What you will get
- - the chance to meet your embroidery super hero in the bloody flesh
- -a choice of 3 designs to embroider -supplies to apply a design to the garment (transfer paper, fabric pens, or stick and stitch paper) -embroidery hoop, a needle, and thread for the project
- -of course we will be supplying the lol’s, snacks and a drink or two
What to bring
- Please bring bucket loads of enthusiasm - you will be unleashing your unfounded creativity.
What to wear
Your finest threading clobber
This class is for all skill levels, and textile enthusiasts. Suitable for beginners
Find an inspiring workshop – ceramics, painting, watercolour, weaving, pottery, leather making, gin tasting, punch needle, ikebana, kokedama – you name it!
We are a creative hub for the arts / crafts / design movement providing workshops and events to inspire.
We seek out and promote local Melbourne based Artists.
We unleash the unexplored creativity in people.
We provide a social gathering for people to slow down and team up.
We create a sensory experience that will get people talking.
We have been described as "the craft version of a spa day".
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 4 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$50.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 4 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 4 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Our workshops are suitable for persons 16 years or older.
You may be photographed at this event.
The Windsor Workshop reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if the class is cancelled.
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know within four days of your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than four working days' notice is given. Due to the nature of how we pay artists, order materials and supplies and pre-pay for catering and beverages, no refunds are available.
Purchase of your ticket accepts these Terms and Conditions