During this 6 hours class students will learn the basics of French flower-making to make Stephanies signature leather Orchids. Students will prepare, cut, tool and assemble their leather to make a series of Orchids to adorn their next hat or to mount onto an aliceband. The French flower making techniques learnt in this class can be adapted and applied to almost any vareity of flower.
- How to stiffen, cut, shape and prepare Orchid petals
- How to wire and assemble Orchids
- How to professionally mount finished Orchids to wear with comfort
- Orchid patterns for your personal use
- Your finished garland
- Soft Kid or sheep skin in your choice of colour (a small selection will be available for purchase on the day)
- Small sharp scissors such as embroidery scissors
- Acid free PVA glue (available for purchase on the day)
- A large mixing bowl
- A hairdryer
- Fine jewellery wire
- An awl
- 1m x 19 gauge millinery wire (available for purchase on the day)
- French flower making tools (avail for purchase on the day and a small selection will be available for use in class on the day)
- A sand bag
- Long nose pliers
- Plate to put hot tools on
- Soldering Iron (40W) if you are using the electric tools
- Starbright braids ( available for purchase on the day)
Casual - Closed in footwear
Open - No experience required
Vendor since 2013
T&R has been supplying quality millinery products to the world for over 6 years. We also have a long history of providing millinery education to students all over Australia with our founder Waltraud Reiner teaching from the Hatmobile.
Even now whilst there are different an varied teachers taking workshops at T&R we all have on thread in commmon. We want to provide the best training possible to ensure the skills we have learned are passed on. In a world where so many things are throw away we are proud to go against that trend and empart the ability to make quality products. Whether that is a hat, costume, sun dress or an oven mitt we want the student to feel they are learnig a skill they can use.
We provide the highest standard of millinery and sewing education, supply the finest millinery tools and materials, and support aspiring millinery and textile designers/makers. We are dedicated to supporting our community, and to inspiring generations of hat-lovers with the skills and ideas we share.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Torb and Reiner or organised by Torb and Reiner must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Torb and Reiner.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Torb and Reiner unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Torb and Reiner classes and events or on Torb and Reiner's premises. (For use of Torb and Reiner marketing materials).
Torb and Reiner requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Torb and Reiner requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Torb and Reiner to organise a refund or transfer