During this 4 hours class students will make one flower with leaves from leather. This is a shorter class thatn the 6 hour Saturday class as Galina is only arriving in Melbourne Friday afternoon. She will be teaching a leather clematis from a kit that will be precut to save time.
Like the other workshop students will be prefparing and tooling the flower but won't have to cut out all the pieces.The workshop will be in three main parts.
Preparing leather for flower-making.
Shaping flower parts with specialised tools.
Assembling the flowers.
The focus of the class will be applying Japanese silk flower making techniques to leather. The number of students will be strictly limited to make sure that it is a great learning experience.
Galina Kofod has many years experience making flowers from silk and fabric using Japanese flower making technique. In recent years I have developed my own style and technique of creating leather flowers. My latest innovation is the use of EVA foam for flower making. I have been invited to conduct workshops in the France, Russia and the UK as well as numerous workshops throughout Australia including Hats off Brisbane and International Millinery Forum. My Tutorial books were published in the UK.
4pm to 8pm with a tea break
- How to make a pattern for flowers
- How to stiffen, cut, shape and prepare petals and leaves
- How to assemble flowers
- The flowers you make in class
- Precut flower kit
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks or '450' glue
- Scissors to cut the leather (fabric scissors are fine)
- Small flat paintbrush
- Piece of foam rubber (sponge) 10cm*10 cm minimum (available on the day)
- Handkerchief or thin pressing cloth
- Floral wire
- Flower stamens
- An awl
- Bike or gym gloves if you desire (for protecting your hands from heat)
- Flower making tools for soldering iron OR flower making tools with handles (Traditional French flower tools). Some will be available in class But it is better if you have your own.
- Long nose pliers
- Plate to put hot tools on
- Soldering Iron (40W) if you are using the electric tools
Casual - Closed in footwear
Open - No experience required
Vendor since 2013
T&R has been supplying quality millinery products to the world for over 6 years. We also have a long history of providing millinery education to students all over Australia with our founder Waltraud Reiner teaching from the Hatmobile.
Even now whilst there are different an varied teachers taking workshops at T&R we all have on thread in commmon. We want to provide the best training possible to ensure the skills we have learned are passed on. In a world where so many things are throw away we are proud to go against that trend and empart the ability to make quality products. Whether that is a hat, costume, sun dress or an oven mitt we want the student to feel they are learnig a skill they can use.
We provide the highest standard of millinery and sewing education, supply the finest millinery tools and materials, and support aspiring millinery and textile designers/makers. We are dedicated to supporting our community, and to inspiring generations of hat-lovers with the skills and ideas we share.