You've made friends with your overlocker? Now its time to sew a whole garment with your overlocker!
We'll first have a refresher on how use the overlocker and practise our stitching on fabric. Then we'll make up the easy and flattering Blackwood Cardigan from Helen's Closet.
Skill level: Beginner. However, if you haven't sewn with your overlocker before, you might like to take the overlocker basics class first!
What you will learn
- How to cut stretch fabric
- How to sew a whole garment using your overlocker
- Trouble shoot basic machine problems
What you will get
- Pattern and instructions
- 7 hours of expert tuition with only 4-6 students in the class
During the week, parking can be tricky. It is often best to stop at our door and bring your machine in and then find a park.
During the weekend, there is usually lots of parking on Jabez Street or Shepherd Street.
We are serviced by the M30, 423, 426 and 428 bus.
We are approx 20min walk from Sydenham or Stanmore Station
What to bring
- Your overlocker (with all it's instruction manual, power cords and the foot pedal) & your fabric scissors and sewing kit
- Two metres of thick stretch fabric such as ponte. Plus matching coloured overlocking thread
- Your lunch - microwave, sandwich press and fridge available
What to wear
Wear comfy clothes and shoes!
Usefulbox Sewing School has an average rating of 4.9 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 5 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 5 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$25.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 5 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Usefulbox Sewing School or organised by Usefulbox Sewing School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Usefulbox Sewing School
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Usefulbox Sewing School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Usefulbox Sewing School classes and events or on Usefulbox Sewing School premises. (For use of Usefulbox Sewing School marketing materials).