This weekly sewing class is perfect for those wanting to make their own garments!
Running over a five week period you will learn all the basic sewing skills and use them to sew up your own button up shirt. Bring your own sewing machine or hire one of ours and learn the sewing essentials. Then we will fit and cut out our garments and get stuck into constructing them. If you have been looking for a great introduction into sewing your own clothes, this is for you.
Skill level: Beginner - no experience necessary
What you will learn
- How to sew nice straight seams with the correct seam allowance and zig zag the edges
- Pattern layout and jargon. Plus Construction and putting the pieces together in what order.
- Trouble shoot basic machine problems and some basic fitting advice
What you will get
- 12 hours of expert tuition with only 5 students max in the class
- Sewing Pattern to take home
During the week, parking can be tricky. It is often best to stop at our door and bring your machine in and then find a park.
During the weekend, there is usually lots of parking on Jabez Street or Shepherd Street.
We are serviced by the M30, 423, 426 and 428 bus.
We are approx 20min walk from Sydenham or Stanmore Station
What to bring
- Your machine (nice and clean with all it's power cords and the foot pedal) & your fabric scissors and sewing kit
- Fabric requirements will be discussed in Week one.
What to wear
Wear comfy clothes and shoes!
Beginners, Adult, 16yrs+
Usefulbox Sewing School has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 48 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 48 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Usefulbox Sewing School or organised by Usefulbox Sewing School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Usefulbox Sewing School
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Usefulbox Sewing School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Usefulbox Sewing School classes and events or on Usefulbox Sewing School premises. (For use of Usefulbox Sewing School marketing materials).