Beginner Quilting Class
BEGINNER & BEYOND LEARN TO QUILT COURSE
Join Lorena Uriarte, renowned Modern Quilter, to learn the basics of Quilting.
Each week we will build on the skills learnt from the previous week to create a 12inch colourful Sampler quilt.
Skill level: Complete beginner to quilting but must know the basics of sewing and be fairly confident with your machine.
** If you would like to come along and SEW with friends, join our Sewing Circle on Wednesday mornings.
What you will learn:
- Basic & beyond Quilting Principals
What is included:
- Some fabrics
- Patterns to take home
- Exceptional tuition with only 5 others in the class
- Copious cups of tea and coffee
What you need to bring
- Fabric and Thread - notes given in booking confirmation.
- Your machine along with all it's power cords and the foot pedal -- If you need to hire a machine, you can add this to your cart - please see here
- The machines accessories, especially all the feet
Your fabric scissors and sewing kit - if you don't have one, you can buy one here and have it waiting for you in the class.
3 classes in total - Sundays 22 October, 29 October, 5 November
10am to 3pm each week
What you will learn
- How to sew nice straight seams with the correct seam allowance
- Pattern layout and jargon. Plus Construction and putting the pieces together in what order.
What you will get
- 13 hours of expert tuition with only 5 students max in the class
- Sewing Pattern to take home
During the week, parking can be tricky. It is often best to stop at our door and bring your machine in and then find a park.
During the weekend, there is usually lots of parking on Jabez Street or Shepherd Street.
We are serviced by the M30, 423, 426 and 428 bus.
We are approx 20min walk from Sydenham or Stanmore Station
What to bring
- Your machine (nice and clean with all it's power cords and the foot pedal) & your fabric scissors and sewing kit
- 1m x plain basic background Quilting cotton AND 1m x High contrast patterned Quilting cotton. Both MUST be 100% cotton, pre washed.
- All other supplies will be discussed in week one.
What to wear
Wear comfy clothes and shoes!
Beginners, Adult, 16yrs+
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 5 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 5 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$25.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 5 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Usefulbox Sewing School or organised by Usefulbox Sewing School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Usefulbox Sewing School
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Usefulbox Sewing School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Usefulbox Sewing School classes and events or on Usefulbox Sewing School premises. (For use of Usefulbox Sewing School marketing materials).