QUILTED RETREAT BAG WORKSHOP
Join Lorena Uriarte, renewed Modern Quilter, to learn how to make this super cute zip pouch featuring your own quilted panels!
Have you been looking for your next zippy pouch project? Something practical to make for friends or to treat yourself. Look no further than the Emmaline Retreat Bag. It’s such a clever pattern, designed by @emmalinebags using their special hardware that opens wide for easy access to the contents of your pouch.
Use up your scraps and make a Kawandi inspired exterior, or maybe you’ve got some Boro or Sashiko or simply Quilted panels you’d like to put to work. A special piece of fabric or orphaned patchwork blocks would also work well. To make the large pouch you’ll need two (2) pieces at least 18.5” x 12” each.
Kits of the interfacing and frames can be ordered when you book your place here - small is $45 and large $55.
Skill level: Must have a basic knowledge of machine sewing.
What you will learn:
- Inserting a zip
- Boxed corners
- Basic Bag construction
What is included:
- Exceptional tuition with 6 others in the class
- Copious cups of tea and coffee. Lorena might even bake a special treat!
What you need to bring
- Your sewing machine (don't forget the foot pedal and power cord)
- Two (2) pieces of outer fabric at least 18.5” x 12” each
- Two (2) pieces of inner fabric at least 18.5” x 12” each
- Your glasses, if you need them
- Your lunch - microwave, sandwich press and fridge available. Or trot up to a local cafe!
Sunday 19 November, 10am to 3pm
What you will learn
- Inserting a zip, Boxed corners, Basic Bag construction
- Pattern layout and jargon. Plus Construction and putting the pieces together in what order.
What you will get
- 5 hours of expert tuition in a social and encouraging environment
- Kawandi sewing kit - needles, pins, fabric, wadding.
During the week, parking can be tricky. It is often best to stop at our door and bring your machine in and then find a park.
During the weekend, there is usually lots of parking on Jabez Street or Shepherd Street.
We are serviced by the M30, 423, 426 and 428 bus.
We are approx 20min walk from Sydenham or Stanmore Station
What to bring
- Your glasses, if you need them
- Your lunch - Microwave, sandwich press and fridge available. Or trot up to a local cafe.
What to wear
Wear comfy clothes and shoes!
Beginners, Adult, 16yrs+
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 5 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 5 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$25.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 5 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Usefulbox Sewing School or organised by Usefulbox Sewing School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Usefulbox Sewing School
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Usefulbox Sewing School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Usefulbox Sewing School classes and events or on Usefulbox Sewing School premises. (For use of Usefulbox Sewing School marketing materials).