The end of the textbooks, you're heading towards to Lower Intermediate! This course gives you practice using past tenses together (which differs in Spanish to that of English), enabling the conversation to broaden. This level signals the acquisition of the fundamentals of Spanish grammar, so it is looking good from here on in! This is the sixth of the 6 courses which lead to level A1.
You'll be in a group with other like-minded people who are all wanting to learn and improve—whilst having fun.
What you learn ...
- talking about parts of the body (el cuerpo)
- talking about health / physical statesexpressing obligation / possibility / prohibition (tener que / hay que)
- using impersonal expressions (se puede + infinitive / hay que + infinitive)
- expressing conditions (si + present, present / si + present, imperative)
- using direct / indirect objects together (me lo/la/los/las / te lo/la/los/las / se lo/la/los/las ...)
- more practice using the imperfect (trabajaba / tenía / vivía)
- describing actions that are interrupted (estaba leyendo cuando sonó el teléfono)
- making comparisons (más que / menos que / tanto/a/os/as como)
- narrating a story / describing a person’s life (combining past tenses)
- reading about famous Spanish / Latin American personalities
Textbooks are needed for this course - Nuevo Ven 1, Libro del Alumno (2 CDs, $58.99) and Workbook in English (1 CD, $28.99). These may be purchased from El Patio at your first class.
- Talking about parts of the body (el cuerpo)
- Talking about health / physical states
- Expressing obligation / possibility / prohibition (tener que / hay que) ... more below
- Small, fun and social, with a teacher who knows how to teach languages!
- A good base to begin building your Spanish
- Pen, paper and heaps of enthusiasm!
This is for people who have done a bit of Spanish
Vendor since 2015
El Patio specialises in Spanish, with short courses for beginners through to proficient. We pride ourselves on our healthy numbers of continuing students at advanced levels. Classes are small, serious but fun, and are suitable for those wishing to become fluent in Spanish, for travellers, partners of Spanish-speakers, and those who want to train their brain.
El Patio Spanish Language School requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email El Patio Spanish Language School to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at El Patio Spanish Language School or organised by El Patio Spanish Language School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by El Patio Spanish Language School.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give El Patio Spanish Language School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at El Patio Spanish Language School classes and events or on El Patio Spanish Language School's premises. (For use of El Patio Spanish Language School marketing materials).
El Patio Spanish Language School requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.