This 30-hour course is the equivalent of Beginners 1 and 2 (or two Intense courses in succession). This is for absolute beginners. We'll get you started with greetings and presentations, asking and giving personal information, alphabet, pronunciation, numbers, and more. We move on to practical things such as directions, the time, transport and ordering food. This is the first and second of the 6 courses which lead to level A1.
You'll be in a group with other like-minded people who are all wanting to learn and improve—whilst having fun.
What you learn ...
- greetings / presentations (¿cómo te llamas? / me llamo ... )
- asking / saying your name, nationality, what you do, where you live
- pronunciation / the alphabet / numbersdemonstrative adjectives (this/these: este / esta / estos / estas)
- formal and informal modes of address (tú / usted ) masculine / feminine nouns (el sillón / la silla)
- masculine / feminine adjectives (mexicano / mexicana)
- asking / saying where things are (al lado (de)/ a la izquierda (de) / a la derecha (de))
- describing where you live (vivo en una calle ...)
- interrogatives (¿dónde? ¿de dónde? ¿qué? ¿cómo?)
- ordinal numbers (primero/a / segundo/a …)
- asking / responding about quantities (¿cuánto? ¿cuánta? ¿cuántos? ¿cuántas?)
- contracting a + el / de + el (al / del)
- basic present tense verb patterns (the 3 types: –AR / –ER / –IR)
- asking for the existence of a place (¿hay un/una ... por aquí?)
- asking where something is (¿dónde está el café?)
- saying where something is (está en esta calle al lado del banco)
- asking / giving directions to go there (¿cómo voy? / giras a la derecha ...)
- asking / telling time (¿qué hora es? / son las cinco y cuarto)
- asking / telling transport timetable information (¿a qué hora sale el tren? / sale a las tres y media)
- asking / telling how to take the metro (tomas la línea 3 y vas hasta la estación ...)
- ordering in a bar / restaurant (¿qué va a tomar? / un vino por favor)
- expressing likes / dislikes / preference (me gusta / me gustan ...)
- asking someone to do something, introduction to commands (habla / bebe / abre)
- more irregular verbs in the present tensespeaking practice of all the abovehelp with grammatical terminology!
Textbooks are needed for this course - Nuevo Ven 1, Libro del Alumno (2 CDs, $59.99) and Workbook in English (1 CD, $28.99). These may be purchased from El Patio at your first class.
- Greetings / presentations (¿cómo te llamas? / me llamo ... )
- Asking / saying your name, nationality, what you do, where you live
- Pronunciation / the alphabet / numbers ... more below
- Small, fun and social, with a teacher who knows how to teach languages!
- A good base to begin building your Spanish
- Pen, paper and heaps of enthusiasm!
This is for absolute beginners.
Vendor since 2015
El Patio specialises in Spanish, with short courses for beginners through to proficient. We pride ourselves on our healthy numbers of continuing students at advanced levels. Classes are small, serious but fun, and are suitable for those wishing to become fluent in Spanish, for travellers, partners of Spanish-speakers, and those who want to train their brain.
El Patio Spanish Language School requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email El Patio Spanish Language School to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at El Patio Spanish Language School or organised by El Patio Spanish Language School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by El Patio Spanish Language School.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give El Patio Spanish Language School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at El Patio Spanish Language School classes and events or on El Patio Spanish Language School's premises. (For use of El Patio Spanish Language School marketing materials).
El Patio Spanish Language School requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.