In this hands-on workshop, you will learn various techniques in order to create a tall, modern watercolour cake, using everyday ingredients. You will also learn how to create your own chocolate sails and shaped decorations, apply edible gold leaf or gold lustre, work with fresh flowers and foliage, and securely put the whole cake together. You will be able to take your delicious creation home to share with friends and family.
The class will cover:
• Cake design & planning
• How to make Swiss Meringue buttercream.
• How to cut, stack and fill a round cake
• Colouring buttercream with gel colours
• How to render smooth buttercream and achieve razor sharp edges on a round cake
• How to achieve watercolour buttercream finish
• How make chocolate shards and shapes for cake decorating
• How to apply edible gold leaf on buttercream
What you will learn
- How to bake the perfect cake
- How to stack and assemble an extra tall cake
- How to make edible chocolate decorations
What you will get
- All cake and buttercream recipes - own cake to take home
- Equipment, tools, cake and ingredients
- Snacks and drinks; Lunch / Dinner
What to bring
What to wear
Please wear comfortable and closed shoes.
Everyone interested to learn new things.
Vendor since 2017
Emelia Jackson Cake Designs is the baby of self-taught baker, Emelia Jackson. Having competed in the popular TV show, MasterChef Australia in 2014, Emelia launched her cake business at the start of 2016. Fast forward 18 months and the business is creating cakes and dessert bars weekly for people around Melbourne. Specialising in Swiss Meringue buttercream and tall modern cakes, Emelia loves to teach hobby bakers the tips and tricks she’s picked up along the way.
All bookings are final. There is no refunds for cancellations. If you can not attend your date, your ticket can be given to a family member or a friend.
Terms & Conditions
All bookings are final.
There are strictly no refunds offered on class bookings. If you cannot attend your selected class, your ticket can be gifted to a family member or friend