Farmhouse Cheese Making Course, $287
Some like it soft and creamy and some just need that little bit of bite. If your wooden cheeseboard is longing for a little farmhouse rustic love, then you’ll be ready to sink your teeth into this calibre of cheese making. Easy enough for the beginner, but requiring all the dedication and passion of a seasoned cheese maker!
A room full of friends laughing around a table…music foraying into the clinking sounds of wine glasses and foaming ales is where a farmhouse cheese belongs. Cubed from a block or sitting proudly in strong wedges amidst an assortment of wheaty crackers, heady salami’s and cured meats, Mediterranean olives, and whole salted nuts, a good farmhouse cheese can make a good night as memorable as the company you’ve shared it with.
We take you back to the basics of honest cheese making at home. Create your own version, just the way you like it. Perhaps plain and refined, or you’re in the mood for smoked paprika flavoured with a good merlot and a side of grilled chorizo? With punchy garlic and chilli and aromatic cumin and fennel at the ready, what will you choose? The flavour combinations are endless!
You’ll start off with cow’s milk from which you will confidently create your own block of semi-hard cheese to take home. It’ll be ready to devour in 6 short weeks for a mild semi-hard creation…or leave it until you can stand it no longer! We say make a few batches at home and have a revolving supply of farmhouse cheeses forever more!
Start your hard cheese making journey today - Book now!
What you will learn
- How to add flavour to farmhouse cheese using herbs and spices. Understanding what flavours will work and what won’t.
- Identifying and caring for the basic equipment required to make cheese at home.
- How to prepare semi-hard cheese, and care for it until matured to your liking.
What you will get
- Tastings of delicious tasting cheese at various stages of maturation served throughout the day.
- Take home a personally created block of farmhouse cheese made in class, and a copy of The Cheese Maker’s ‘Farmhouse Home cheese Making Guide’.
- Morning tea on us.
- Lunch and a glass of chilled wine…and have a few great belly laughs with your new friends
Parking is available near by
What to bring
- An appetite for the artisan life of cheese making…with a big smile!
- Cheese making cultures and equipment will be available for purchase and take home on the day (cash and credit card) - so consider bringing your purse/wallet.
What to wear
Please come wearing enclosed footwear, long hair tied back and short or fitted sleeves
Based in Perth, Western Australia, The Cheese Maker runs a range of cheese making courses so you can learn everything you need to know to make everyone’s favourites from home.
In each of our courses you'll watch, learn, and get hands on practice. Most importantly you can trust that you'll be able to re-create what you learn in class time and time again, with our take home guide and follow-on cheese making products and support because it's not just a course, it's the start of your cheese making adventure with us.
The Cheese Maker runs classes in home cheese making. No previous experience is required and, if doing multiple courses, can be done in any order. We also run corporate events and are a supplier of cheese making cultures and equipment.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.