Espresso @ Home
This class is usually scheduled by appointment. If there are no classes scheduled, please contact us to request a class.
Learn how to get the best out of your home espresso machine.
Our Espresso at Home course demystifies espresso in a practical and insightful 3 and a half hour session.
You will learn how to follow a recipe for preparing delicious espresso, including how to adjust your grinder, and practical techniques for dosing and tamping.
Then you will learn how to prepare silky smooth milk for flat whites, lattes, cappuccinos, and how to clean & maintain your equipment so it reliably produces delicious coffees.
What you will learn
- How to get the best possible result from your home espresso machine and grinder.
- How to prepare silky milk, and pour the perfect cappuccino, caffe latte, or flat white.
- An overview of coffee from bean to cup
What you will get
- Comprehensively guided through grinder adjustment & dosing for optimum espresso extraction.
- Hands on guidance for silky milk texturing & pouring.
- Practical, and insightful training.
- Tour of our roasting facility.
What to bring
- Your interest to learn!
- You have the option of using our commercial espresso equipment, or you can bring your own equipment so we can show you how to get the best results when using your own espresso machine & grinder
What to wear
Anyone with a domestic espresso machine and grinder who wants to learn how to get the best possible result from their equipment.
Genovese Coffee has been in coffee for 3 generations, and we have over 60 years of experience.
We offer a range of courses to suit new or experienced baristas, as well as those who want to improve their home espresso. All of our courses have practical, detailed theory, as well as activities so you can apply your skills during the course.
Our courses are led by award winning, highly experienced, and internationally certified professionals who make it easy for you to understand coffee in our certified SCA Premier Training Campus, with state of the art espresso, brewing, and roasting equipment, located close to Melbourne’s CBD.
For those wanting to take their coffee career to the next level, we also offer the world’s only internationally recognised coffee education program – The Specialty Coffee Association Coffee Skills Program, including Roasting; Sensory Skills; Green Coffee; Barista Skills; and Brewing.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 14 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$20.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested anytime before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
We appreciate your choice of Genovese Coffee for your coffee education, and our course pricing reflects the following:
- The quality of the training provided.
- Pre-class preparation.
- The quality of the equipment & the cost of materials used.
- Small class sizes.
- The ongoing development of our trainers.
Once your booking is confirmed and your payment is cleared, we begin the process of preparing your class. Although we understand events or illness may require that you reschedule or cancel your booking, our refund and rescheduling policy reflects the costs incurred in the preparation of the scheduled class.