Painting With Texture
A Two Day Art Class for Beginners and Dabblers
About PAINTING WITH TEXTURE
“The universe buries strange jewels deep within us all, and then stands back to see if we can find them.”- E. Gilbert
Does a whole weekend of creating beautiful textured, layered art sound like heaven? Then come with me on a personal journey into my painting process, and let me share a whole lot of different texturey goodness with you!
Don't worry if you haven't been painting for ages! We have wonderful intentions, but life gets in the way. We will re-ignite those creative fires, and delve deep into texture and colour, using my signature lace, leaves and swirly lines. You will take your paintings to new levels of depth and richness ... (And that's just part of it!)
Please note: PAINTING WITH TEXTURE is a great follow on to my popular one day intensive workshop, PAINTING WITH BEGINNERS. But if you'd like to skip ahead and spend a whole weekend making art with texture, then you can start right here!
- How to create STUNNING textured, layered paintings that have true visual impact.
- My secret ways of creating beautiful semi-abstract paintings using lace (yes, actual lace!) and leaves from the garden into your paintings (yep, real leaves)
- Important tips on COLOUR
- Detailed, step-by-step guidance that is easy to understand and implement, no matter what your level of experience is.
- A whole set of beautiful creative tricks to create wonderful textural effects in your paintings
- Go home with 4 new, awesome paintings you created yourself
- A chance (or another chance) to learn with me and immerse yourself in paint, texture, laughter and fun for two whole days!
Plenty of onsite parking.
- Your lunch.
- A list of supplies to bring will be sent out to you.
Casual, comfy clothes that don't mind a few paint splashes!
Beginners, Dabblers and all levels of art-makers!
Vendor since 2013
“Life is a big canvas; throw all the paint on it you can!” -D. Kaye
Hi there, I’m Malini, scientist-turned-artist/writer/teacher. I’m delighted you stopped by :) If you’re here because you’ve heard of my unique art workshops for beginners, you're in the right place!
SO ... Is this you?
Have you ever gazed longingly at a beautiful work of abstract art, and thought, “I wish I could do that, but I don’t have a creative bone in my body!” Do you yearn to express your creativity, but you just don’t know how? Are weekly art classes impossible, because you just can’t spare the time? Yes, yes and yes? Well then, things may be about to change for you!
PAINTING FOR BEGINNERS - the ONE DAY INTENSIVE is for...
The ABSOLUTE BEGINNER: You’re the one that’s always been curious about your artistic side, but you haven’t a clue where to begin. Or the one that’s never had the time to attend weekly art classes. Or perhaps it all seems too overwhelming … maybe you feel you’ve left it too late to learn. Hey, I designed this workshop for YOU! In one jam-packed, fun day, you’ll lose that fear of the unknown. And learn absolutely heaps. I’ve got you covered!
The NOW-AND-THEN-DABBLER: So you paint a little. But you love it a lot! And you dream of one day learning how to do it all ‘properly’. Now’s your chance. Use my seven step process to give you some clear structure. Let my intensive but oh-so-fun approach invigorate you. You’ll be painting with more purpose and passion in no time!
I meet hundreds of wonderful, worried, would-be creatives in my workshops.And in just ONE DAY, I fill their hearts and hands with possibilities! It’s an insanely busy day, full of laughs and love, and the beautiful art that emerges is just spectacular. This event that began in my backyard just a few years ago, with five young folk who were keen to learn to paint has now grown into my consuming passion and helped transform the lives of so many people. It is an incredible honour to be part of another’s creative journey, and that delight I witness in my students as they rediscover their creativity… aaah, it makes my heart sing :)
Thank you for your interest in me and my work. It would be my honour to make a difference in your life, and help unlock your creativity!
You have so much joy ahead of you :)
Malini Parker requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Malini Parker to organise a refund or transfer
I lovingly prepare materials for EACH student in advance, so if you can’t make it:
- If there is insufficient time to fill your place, there will be a cancellation fee of 50% of the workshop fee.
- If you cancel at the very last minute due to emergencies or illness, I will pop you into another class with no cancellation fee.
- 'NO SHOWS' (who don't contact me) won't be refunded or re-scheduled!
- But really, I am accommodating and flexible and I WANT you to be there, so just give me enough notice (one week minimum) and I’ll cheerfully re-schedule you into another class. :-)