Isn't it amazing when we are reminded what a precious privilege it is to be alive? Let's celebrate that idea in a workshop that combines some of my favourite, most restorative and nourishing practices – art, meditation and yoga. I call it an ‘Art Spa’ :)
I’d love you to join me for two days of Replenishing, Restoring and Re-visioning activities by the beautiful Swan River in Perth. You are welcome to come from anywhere in the world.*
This workshop is for you if:
:: You would like to spend 2 days immersed in a gentle, reflective creative practice. Our focus: Creating JOY using ink and paper!
:: You like the idea of letting go what doesn't serve you any longer and inviting in what does... in 2017... by creating a powerful and personal little piece of art, called The Invitation.
:: You would like to add restorative yoga to your creative practice with a skilled and gentle yoga teacher. (Beginners are welcome).:: You like the idea of using meditation and creative visualisation to nourish your body and mind.
:: You may or may not have a creative practice at the moment, but you’d like to have a go.
:: The idea of making art and reflecting on your life by the Swan River sounds delightful!
*Did you know Perth was recently named one of the top ten most liveable cities in the world? Dolphins frolic in our gorgeous Swan River as the sun sets over the water. I've actually seen them while at the workshop! If this calls to your heart, c'mon over!
This is a two day workshop held on Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4pm daily.
- To add restorative yoga to your creative practice with a skilled and gentle yoga teacher.
- A gentle, fun creative practice focussed on Creating JOY, working largely with INKS on paper.
- To use art, meditation and reflection to nourish your body and mind.
- Replenishing, Restoring and Re-visioning activities by the beautiful Swan River in Perth.
- A clear idea of what you want to invite into your life in the year ahead (and what you no longer need to hold onto).
- HEAPS of gorgeous pieces of colourful art, and one personal, beautiful, textured piece called 'The Invitation'.
- Lunch, A Big, Warm, toothy smile, and a small amount of art materials (a list will be sent to you)
loose, comfortable clothing that you don't mind getting paint on!
Anyone who may or may not have a creative practice at the moment, but you’d like to have a go.
Vendor sincce 2013
“Life is a big canvas; throw all the paint on it you can!” -D. Kaye
Hi there, I’m Malini, scientist-turned-artist/writer/teacher. I’m delighted you stopped by :) If you’re here because you’ve heard of my unique art workshops for beginners, you're in the right place!
SO ... Is this you?
Have you ever gazed longingly at a beautiful work of abstract art, and thought, “I wish I could do that, but I don’t have a creative bone in my body!” Do you yearn to express your creativity, but you just don’t know how? Are weekly art classes impossible, because you just can’t spare the time? Yes, yes and yes? Well then, things may be about to change for you!
PAINTING FOR BEGINNERS - the ONE DAY INTENSIVE is for...
The ABSOLUTE BEGINNER: You’re the one that’s always been curious about your artistic side, but you haven’t a clue where to begin. Or the one that’s never had the time to attend weekly art classes. Or perhaps it all seems too overwhelming … maybe you feel you’ve left it too late to learn. Hey, I designed this workshop for YOU! In one jam-packed, fun day, you’ll lose that fear of the unknown. And learn absolutely heaps. I’ve got you covered!
The NOW-AND-THEN-DABBLER: So you paint a little. But you love it a lot! And you dream of one day learning how to do it all ‘properly’. Now’s your chance. Use my seven step process to give you some clear structure. Let my intensive but oh-so-fun approach invigorate you. You’ll be painting with more purpose and passion in no time!
I meet hundreds of wonderful, worried, would-be creatives in my workshops.And in just ONE DAY, I fill their hearts and hands with possibilities! It’s an insanely busy day, full of laughs and love, and the beautiful art that emerges is just spectacular. This event that began in my backyard just a few years ago, with five young folk who were keen to learn to paint has now grown into my consuming passion and helped transform the lives of so many people. It is an incredible honour to be part of another’s creative journey, and that delight I witness in my students as they rediscover their creativity… aaah, it makes my heart sing :)
Thank you for your interest in me and my work. It would be my honour to make a difference in your life, and help unlock your creativity!
You have so much joy ahead of you :)
I lovingly prepare materials for EACH student in advance, so if you can’t make it:
- If there is insufficient time to fill your place, there will be a cancellation fee of 50% of the workshop fee.
- If you cancel at the very last minute due to emergencies or illness, I will pop you into another class with no cancellation fee.
- 'NO SHOWS' (who don't contact me) won't be refunded or re-scheduled!
- But really, I am accommodating and flexible and I WANT you to be there, so just give me enough notice (one week minimum) and I’ll cheerfully re-schedule you into another class. :-)
Painting for Beginners 1-Day Intensive (MELBOURNE)Sat, 24 Feb 9:30AM