TaKeTiNa Rhythm Process is a musical group process that combines, voice, movement and rhythm using the body as the primary instrument. Join us for a fun and engaging workshop with the inimitable John Anderson, certified TaKeTiNa teacher visiting Melbourne. No musical experience necessary!
In your daily life, TaKeTiNa can help you to:
- Experience a profound state of peace, relaxation and inner silence.
- Develop presence and expanded perception.
- Improve your attention and ability to stay focused for long periods.
- Manage chaotic life situations with creativity, humour and effectiveness.
- Decrease your anxiety about making mistakes and always getting things right.
If you are a musician or performer, TaKeTiNa can help you to:
- Discover a deep and embodied understanding of rhythm
- Stay attuned to your audience while performing in a natural and spontaneous way
- Realize your potential with improvisation and composition in any craft
- Increase competence with instrumental playing and improvising
Note: This workshop is not specifically oriented towards musicians/performers. TaKeTiNa is a group process which activates human potential and can be applied to any profession or aspect of your life. TaKeTiNa was developed by Austrian musician Reinhard Flatischler after years of travelling the world's cultures seeking that which is both universal and human in the language of music.
I've been playing music for 58 years... since I was 10. What I love about TaKeTiNa, which I chanced upon 20 years ago (and have been studying intensively for 5) is how it brings together any group of people using the simplest method: the voice.... speaking rhythmic syllables (e.g., "ta ke ti na"), then the feet stepping, then the hands clapping.... and finally the voice singing in response to the leader's calls. It's a graceful and flexible process in which deep integration of body-mind-spirit is possible. It's now my music of choice.... I like to call it "Bare bones Music".
Happens on Saturday 21 October 11AM - 6PM, Sunday 22 October 10AM - 5PM
- Discover a deep and embodied understanding of rhythm.
- Realize your potential with improvisation and composition in any craft.
- Stay attuned to your audience while performing in a natural and spontaneous way.
- Increased competence with instrumental playing and improvising
- Profound state of peace, relaxation and inner silence
- Just your fantastic self!
Anyone can attend.
Vendor sincce 2016
Melbourne Piano School offers a fun & creative approach to learning piano and singing at our studios across Melbourne. Our team of passionate and experienced teachers are dedicated to helping you achieve your musical aspirations, whether your are a professional or beginning musician. Lessons include learning repertoire, technique, aural training and music theory, and are tailored to students' musical goals and interests.
Whether you are wanting to studying for fun and personal enjoyment, or prepare for AMEB exams and advance your music career we are here to support you to achieve your goals and deepen your relationship with music.