Barista // Full Day
(Private Dates Available)
The ONA Coffee Complete Home Barista course is full day intensive designed to open your eyes to the world of coffee and give you an extensive two part workshop providing the necessary skills to go and make your best coffee at home.
ONA Coffee supplies cafe businesses around Australia and the world as well as running leading cafes that push the boundaries of coffee service. With this wealth of experience we will teach you the essential skills making the best espresso and milk based coffees at home.
We will equip you with the technical skills to competently operate an espresso machine. The variables are endless, however, there are three main areas to focus on that can make or break a coffee from cup to cup; Extractions, Milk Stretching & Pouring.
By the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of the correct way to perform these skills, how to choose your best coffee for your end cup goals, and what preventative maintenance is important to ensure your machine is making the best coffee possible.
The Complete Home Barista Course is designed for both experienced and inexperienced home baristas. Home baristas and enthusiasts will have a jam packed a day full of learning.
- Introduction to the machine and grinder, safety warnings & how to achieve consistency with manual grinding & free-pouring shots
- Analysing the correct espresso volume, time, dose, aroma, taste & colour
- Correct dosing, distribution & tamping
- Fundamentals of espresso extraction theory.
- Break down our two-stage approach of how to achieve silky milk
- Learn the mechanics to free-pour all your coffees to get the correct depths of foam & ideal ‘canvas’.
- Ideal preventative maintenance procedures to ensure peak machine and grinder performance.
All classes are limited to 4 participants & you will receive a Certificate of Achievement at the completion of the class. If you would like to run a group session of more than four please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange something special for you.
Non - English Courses // Our courses are primarily facilitated in English, however our team may be able to arrange a private session of 2 or more in alternative languages. Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss further.
ONA Coffee Trainers:
All ONA Coffee trainers are highly experienced in producing top quality coffee and are running courses designed Hugh Kelly; Australian Barista Champion 2016, 2017, 2021
What you will learn
- The necessary skills needed to start working as a barista
What you will get
- You will receive an Electronic Certificate of Achievement at the completion of the class.
- Ultimate Cafe Barista courses are limited to 2 participants to maximise one on one learning
What to wear
Casual and closed in shoes.
People with limited to no barista experience and those wanting to get a job as a barista
ONA Coffee Sydney is a showcase coffee bar of Australian specialty coffee roaster, ONA Coffee.
Founded in 2008 by former World Barista Champion, Saša Šestic, ONA Coffee is dedicated to sharing amazing coffees from around the world, as well as the incredible stories and experiences of the people who grow them. We aim to transform the process of drinking coffee into an unforgettable experience.
ONA Coffee Sydney's training curriculum utilises the incredible baristas you see in store everyday to create informative and educational experiences that will lift your coffee making & tasting skills to the next level, no matter what stage you're at.
Cancellations & Refunds
If the organiser cancels the class:
You are entitled to a full refund.
If you can't attend the class:
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$7.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Please allow a minimum of 48 hours' prior to course commencement to transfer or cancel your course attendance, or you will forfeit your full course and booking fee.
If you wish to transfer to another course or cancel your booking, you must contact the ONA Sydney Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org more than 48 hours' prior to course commencement, for a course refund (please note you will forfeit the $7 booking fee!!)