The Instituto Cervantes offers comprehensive Spanish language courses aimed at developing students’ ability to understand, speak, read and write in Spanish.
All our native teachers are university qualified and use the most up-to-date teaching methods. Our special courses are taught by experts in their fields. The classes are in Spanish from day one in every level with a view to help our students to communicate in Spanish from the very first moment they start the course.
This level of study is intended to help students acquire the following skills:
- To recognize basic, commonly used words and expressions about oneself, one's family and the immediate environment, when the language is spoken slowly and clearly.
- To participate in a simple conversation, provided that the other person collaborates and is willing to repeat what they have said or express it in other words and more slowly, about specific needs, descriptions of people or the place where they are from.
- To write short, simple cards, for example greeting cards.
- To complete forms with personal information (name, nationality, address).
Students will learn to:
- Say hello and goodbye.
- Ask for and give personal information and interact during introductions. Describe the physical characteristics of people and their personalities.
- Make comparisons.
- Make suggestions.
- Talk about physical conditions and feelings.
- Express causes. Interact in cafés, shops, markets and restaurants.
- Say hello and goodbye
- Ask for and give personal information and interact during introductions
- Make comparisons and suggestions
- Access to online course AVE (valued at 95AU$) access plus e-library card (valued at 45AU$) for the duration of the program.
- Just your desire to learn Spanish!
Vendor sincce 2015
The Instituto Cervantes is the institution created by Spain in 1991. Since then, it has worked to spread Spanish –it is the largest institution in the world dedicated to teaching Spanish- and to foster the cultures of Spanish-speaking countries. The headquarters of the institution are in Madrid.
The Instituto Cervantes operates in 90 cities from 43 countries in the 5 Continents. The Instituto Cervantes Sydney was inaugurated by Their Majesties the King and Queen of Spain, together with the Australian Authorities on June 25th, 2009.
Our institution is in charge of:
- Organizing the exams for the Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE), as well as to issue official certificates and diplomas for those who attend our courses.
- Organizing Spanish courses.
- Organizing training courses for teachers of Spanish.
- Supporting Hispanists in their activities.Promoting cultural activities in collaboration with other organizations .
The work of the Instituto Cervantes is directed by representatives from the worlds of academia, culture and literature from Spain and Latin America. In Australia we work closely with local museums, galleries, theatres, publishers and universities as well as with Spanish and Latin American organizations.