Beginners Wax Carving and Finishing Course
On this course you will get:
A step-by-step guide to everything you need to get started on making your rings.
Full equipment and suppliers list with a recommended budget.
Your teacher will be available throughout for any questions by e mail.
- Course Introduction and explanation
- Tools Intro
- Bench peg
- Wax tube
- Adjustable saw frame and blades
- File papers
- Ring Sizers
- Ring tube sizer
- Double ended wax file
- Wax tools
- Ring Mandrel
- Optional Extras
- Flexi shaft
- Hitzlos Wheels - sprue busters
- Mandrel loaded file papers
- Polishing mop and polish
- Radial discs
- Cutting the wax
- A first look at your ring project and marking the wax
- Measuring your finger using the ring sizers and preparing to size the wax
- Sizing the inside of your ring with a ring tube sizer
- Starting to file your ring and feel how the file works on the wax
- Carving your first ring
- Chiselled model with grooves
- Signet style with smoother wax techniques
- Directions for your casters
- SAFETY FIRST-This film must be watched before you proceed
- Looking over your casting
- Removing the sprue
- Sanding the inside to size
- Looking over and refining your ring
- Polishing your finished ring
What you will learn
- How to carve a basic ring and get it cast
- How to finish of your ring to wear it
What you will get
- Finished wax models to cast and skills to make more.
What to bring
- Your enthusiasm
Anyone who wants to learn waxwork
We are a collective of designers and makers curated by Eran Naylor (owner and designer) creating and bringing to you beautiful and organic jewellery, bags and home wares. Our house label of jewellery and bags are made here in our studio. Our inspirations for our collections come from designs and patterns from the old Mesopotamian regions, India and South America, transferring the beauty of older times to bold, classic pieces that can be worn or used with ease today.
We also run a school of craft, where we invite exciting and innovative teachers to come in and teach classes so that you can learn new skills from them. These are run in one of our two beautiful spaces in and around our shop and studio.
Eran Naylor Jewellery has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A transfer can be requested 1 day before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 1 day before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Upon booking this ticket, it is expected that you:
- Be over 16 years of age
- Are reasonably fit to to take the class
- Turn up in a respectful manner and are respectful to the learning enviroment of the class and to all others present
- You have read and are agreeing to our refund policy
- Are willing to learn
- Will turn up on time, if not, the class will go ahead and the teacher will catch you up at the nearest chance