This beautiful cheeky Owl is sitting on a branch and is a wonderful piece to paint and draw and it's on a plate you can use after it has been fired. You can paint your own dinnerware, and then put it in the dishwasher and microwave. Let's have fun and get started.
In this class, you will learn to sponge, outline and paint your owl with underglazes. Don't worry I will take you thought it slowly until you complete your session.
We will send you a kit with all materials needed to complete this session, up to 3 days before the workshop Shipping included in the cost, Kit includes a plate, 6 underglaze paints, 5 professional ceramic/acrylic Taklon brushes and a visual prompt of your 2-hour class. You will be guided step by step of setting out with a pencil on your piece and then we will paint together with your underglazes. No painting experience needed.
Your painted plate will need to be firing and glazed 2 days after completing your session. We will need to arrange a time that suits for drop-offs at the studio.
What you will learn
- All students will be guided with drawing with pencil the owl and its placement. You will be then guided to paint in Underglazes and if you wish with the colors provided you can personalize your owl owl
- These plates are Earthenware Clay and can be used as functional pieces at home. Once you receive them back after firing you can put them into the dishwasher and microwave. You can eat out of them everyday. So you are creating your own home ware pieces you can use..
What you will get
- You will receive a visual prompt of your chosen session as a handout to follow throughout the class session.
- A take home kit with all materials needed to complete your session will be sent to you on the purchase of this session .Please allow 3- 4 days prior.
- Shipping Included
What to bring
- You will need a rubber and a lead pencil for drawing, any mistakes in pencil wont matter as pencil will dissapear in the kiln.
- A water well to wash brushes and a ceramic flat plate to put your paints on as a pallet, or foil covered flat surface.
What to wear
Casual and comfortable clothing, the paints are non toxic and any spills the paints are all water based and cant ruin your clothes.
No painting experience is needed so all ages are welcome to join this session
We do not send to PO Boxes.
Vendor since 2020
The art of creating and painting on Ceramics, Canvas or wooden coasters is not only fun but very therapeutic, which has become extremely important in this time of self-isolation. Here at Tennyson Studio we recommend you to join us in our online classes to promote mental wellbeing in our communities. With the need for physical distancing and restrictions, we have created virtual Ceramic and Acrylic Art classes to keep you and your children busy and creative in the comfort of your own home.
With no painting experience needed, we will provide you a step by step guided lesson through an interactive live streaming video class on Zoom. We provide you with all the essentials in a take-home kit to recreate your very own masterpieces. Kit includes paints needed, brushes, Canvas or Bisqued fired plate or wooden coasters and shipping to your home. For Ceramics, you will need to drop off and pick up pieces to us at the studio in Gladesville where we will glaze and fire your plates, (pick up 4-5 days later) or pay additional freight to be shipped to your home. We have many sessions available for you to choose, from plates to acrylic painting on canvas and watercolor on paper and wooden coasters ready primed and ready for painting.
Tennyson studio has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Tennyson studio requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. Tennyson studio has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Tennyson studio does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Tennyson studio to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Tennyson studio , students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Tennyson studio or organised by Tennyson studio must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Tennyson studio
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Tennyson studio unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Tennyson studio classes and events or on Tennyson studio premises. (For use of Tennyson studio marketing materials).
Tennyson studio requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Tennyson studio , students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.