Our stencil workshop has been specially designed by street artists to give you an introduction to these mediums under the guidance of a renowned stencil artist. This workshop is perfect for anyone who has never made a stencil before but wants to learn!
Every participant will create their own re-usable stencil and artwork on a canvas, both of which can be taken home.
What is Included
The workshop includes a professional street art demonstration from one of Melbourne’s most prolific street artists. We will also provide you with all materials including acetate, markers, cutting knives and mats, spray paint, safety equipment (gloves, mask, aprons) etc. Every participant also gets their own canvas to paint and take home.
A light morning tea is also provided.
All classes will be held at the famous Blender Studios located at 33-35 Dudley St, West Melbourne.
Min. of 3 and Max. 12 people in the class.
The stencil workshop is taught by local stencil artist, Man Of Darkness aka George Manioudakas. George has been creating stencils on the streets of Melbourne for over six years. In his own practice, he creates highly detailed, photo-realistic multi-layered stencils. George has been teaching workshops for a number of years and also has much experience working with youth.
What to bring
Make sure you wear appropriate clothing for a painting class! If spray paint gets on your clothes, chances are it won’t come out. Feel free to bring along an inspiration imagery from home.
$89 per person
Includes all materials and light refreshments.
- Learn how to design and make your own street art stencil from scratch
- Discover the history and relevance of stencils within the street art movement
- Create your own piece of spray painted art onto a canvas or T-shirt to take home
- Professional street art demonstration by our renowned stencil artists
- All materials to create your own street art stencil
- A T-shirt or canvas to take home painted with your own artwork
- The chance to explore the famous Blender Studios in Melbourne’s CBD
- Street Parking available on Dudley St (metered)
- Closest/cheapest parking CARe Park, Lot 156 West Tower. 338-360 Dudley St
West Melbourne. 24/7 hour car park, pay and display, $11 for 12 Hours, 700m from Blender Studios (6 minutes walk)
- Your creative enthusiasm
- A reference image or photo if you have something specific in mind that you would like to work with (please note this is not mandatory however)
- Any other objects that you might want to paint your stencil on to such as a book cover etc.
Appropriate clothing for a painting class! If spray paint gets on your clothes, chances are it won’t come out.
Anyone interested in learning more about street art, or looking for a fun creative activity. You don’t need to be a good drawer for this class, just come along with your creative enthusiasm!
Vendor since 2016
Many artists from the Blender have achieved great success in their research and practice.
There has always been a heavy research influence at the Blender. There is a lot of discussions and constructive criticism.
Over the years there has been many Blender artists working in a variety of mediums, who have achieved major critical success.
In early 2004 the Blender closed, to be opened again in 2007 in the same place. The climate of the Australian art scene had changed and as the Blender re-opened its doors it was clear that the Blender was also going to be different. We still have a strong link to street art with some of the most famous and prolific street artists calling the Blender home.
The Blender has changed now, it has become more of an art complex with 20+ studios, an artist in residence program, the Blender laneway street art project, the Melbourne Propaganda Window, Dark Horse Experiment and The Melbourne Street Tours.
Blender Studios reserves the right to cancel workshops should the minimum number of bookings not be met.
In the case that a workshop is cancelled, you will receive a full refund or credit.
Weather Contingency: Workshops will run regardless of unfavourable weather conditions.
No Show- No refund.
Cancellation must be made via e-mail or phone call at least 48hrs prior the workshop time.