This workshop has been designed for those in positions where they must speak in front of audiences that are hostile or demanding. This material is also suitable for those who are relatively new speakers who want some encouragement to speak up in meetings or who want some training before they begin making presentations on behalf of the organisation.
Speaking under pressure, or thinking on your feet, means being able to organise your thoughts and ideas quickly, and then being able to convey them meaningfully to your audience to modify their attitudes or behaviour. It applies to formal speeches as well as everyday business situations.
This two-day course is aimed at improving your skills and learning some new techniques which will give you the persuasive edge when you are making a presentation, fielding difficult questions, or presenting complex information.
What Topics are Covered?
- Getting started and planning
- Force field analysis
- Understanding your audience
- Controlling your jitters and body language
- Making your listener hear you
- Key themes and sentences
- Structuring ideas and organisation methods
- Beginnings and endings
- Expanding a basic plan
- Many opportunities to practice and present!
Duration: 2 x 8 Hours
- Apply quick and easy preparation methods that will work whether you have one minute or one week to prepare
- Prepare for questions, even before you know what those questions will be
- Overcome nervousness that you may have when speaking in front of a group, particularly if the group is not sympathetic to what you have to say
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialised manual and course materials
- Personalised certificate of completion
- Just your enthusiasm!
Vendor sincce 2017
Our mission is to change the landscape and expectations of what it means to be a leader in a modern workplace.
We will do this by ensuring our values shine through in every opportunity and ensuring everyone we come into contact with feels HEARD – Honoured, Engaged, Acknowledged, Respected and Delighted.
The vision for our organisation is to actively serve those organisations around the world who share our commitment to leading with integrity and who truly believe their value is in the engagement of their people.