Finding Your Way Home (Two Day Workshop)
Learn how to paint your own masterpieces!
About FINDING YOUR WAY HOME
Loosely based around my own experiences, this workshop is for anyone who wants to use art, writing and beauty to re-claim their centre, to find their way back to themselves, if life has knocked them a little off kilter (and if you’re alive, you know what I mean!). This weekend is not about learning how to paint. It is about what creating these nine paintings ... will teach you. Together, we will explore our journeys with laughter and a light heart … making delicious, personal, beautiful art :)
Sound appealing? Join me!
** Note: This is a 2 day workshop over Sat/Sun, from 9.30 to 5.30 daily. Not a sleepover :) And there are no prerequisites, other than an open heart and a desire to move forward.You are all welcome!
- Life throws us off kilter from time to time. This workshop will help you find your way back to your centre - using your creativity :)
- With Paint, Mindfulness and Reflection, we will explore where you are now, and where you would like to be.
- You will create a beautiful, flowing assemblage of nine richly layered, colourful and heart-centred paintings with your story.
- A set of nine beautiful original paintings that come together to create an awesome tapestry of your journey.
- A unique insight into your OWN creative process and story.
- Warm and wonderful new friendships with creative souls.
Plenty of parking on the property.
- Most materials are supplied but a tiny list will be sent to you of what you have to bring!
The usual comfy, painty clothes
Vendor since 2013
“Life is a big canvas; throw all the paint on it you can!” -D. Kaye
Hi there, I’m Malini, scientist-turned-artist/writer/teacher. I’m delighted you stopped by :) If you’re here because you’ve heard of my unique art workshops for beginners, you're in the right place!
SO ... Is this you?
Have you ever gazed longingly at a beautiful work of abstract art, and thought, “I wish I could do that, but I don’t have a creative bone in my body!” Do you yearn to express your creativity, but you just don’t know how? Are weekly art classes impossible, because you just can’t spare the time? Yes, yes and yes? Well then, things may be about to change for you!
PAINTING FOR BEGINNERS - the ONE DAY INTENSIVE is for...
The ABSOLUTE BEGINNER: You’re the one that’s always been curious about your artistic side, but you haven’t a clue where to begin. Or the one that’s never had the time to attend weekly art classes. Or perhaps it all seems too overwhelming … maybe you feel you’ve left it too late to learn. Hey, I designed this workshop for YOU! In one jam-packed, fun day, you’ll lose that fear of the unknown. And learn absolutely heaps. I’ve got you covered!
The NOW-AND-THEN-DABBLER: So you paint a little. But you love it a lot! And you dream of one day learning how to do it all ‘properly’. Now’s your chance. Use my seven step process to give you some clear structure. Let my intensive but oh-so-fun approach invigorate you. You’ll be painting with more purpose and passion in no time!
I meet hundreds of wonderful, worried, would-be creatives in my workshops.And in just ONE DAY, I fill their hearts and hands with possibilities! It’s an insanely busy day, full of laughs and love, and the beautiful art that emerges is just spectacular. This event that began in my backyard just a few years ago, with five young folk who were keen to learn to paint has now grown into my consuming passion and helped transform the lives of so many people. It is an incredible honour to be part of another’s creative journey, and that delight I witness in my students as they rediscover their creativity… aaah, it makes my heart sing :)
Thank you for your interest in me and my work. It would be my honour to make a difference in your life, and help unlock your creativity!
You have so much joy ahead of you :)
Malini Parker requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Malini Parker to organise a refund or transfer
I lovingly prepare materials for EACH student in advance, so if you can’t make it:
- If there is insufficient time to fill your place, there will be a cancellation fee of 50% of the workshop fee.
- If you cancel at the very last minute due to emergencies or illness, I will pop you into another class with no cancellation fee.
- 'NO SHOWS' (who don't contact me) won't be refunded or re-scheduled!
- But really, I am accommodating and flexible and I WANT you to be there, so just give me enough notice (one week minimum) and I’ll cheerfully re-schedule you into another class. :-)