A fun, thorough, easy to follow, open level, 2 hour drawing class held with Brisbane based illustrator, Penelope Bell. Aimed at beginners, this class is a hands on tutorial in basic drawing techniques and composition.
This is a is an open-level 4 week course which suits those beginning their fashion illustration journey or anyone who requires a recap on previous illustration skills. It is recommended you attend/ or have attended Penelope's Learn How to Draw - A Beginner's Guide classes prior to enrolling into these classes.
During the 4 sessions we will learn the fundamentals of drawing techniques and sound methodology to enable you to learn quickly and transfer the skills for all future drawing.
You will learn how to draw a fashioned human figure, including different body stances and poses as well as different fashions. This class will teach some rendering techniques to assist in creating form. If nothing else, you will learn how to switch your mind off from the noise of the day, experiencing a relaxing 2 hour class of mindfulness! Participants will be encouraged to observe, compose, draw and render their own, individual masterpiece based on the skills taught. The classes are for any adult artistic skill level.
Take your Illustration skills to the next level by creating your own unique images.
Note: Please see the list of materials to bring (below).
Some light refreshments and nibbles will be offered and friendly conversation is encouraged!
- Drawing skills
- Artwork composition
- Hand rendering techniques and skills
- Participants will go home with their own hand drawn original artworks and the skills to for all future drawing
- Written notes from the workshop to take home
- Tuition and guidance from a professional illustrator
Parking in Newstead can be a challenge. Please leave plenty of time to find a park within the area. There is paid parking on the street as well as Gasworks car park.
- 1 x A3 Waterproof Document Wallet, HB, 2B pencil, eraser, Faber Castell coloured pencils (not watercolour pencils), COPIC markers ("0" colourless blender, flesh tone (suggest Barley Beige E31), Cool grey #2 and #4; other Copic colours are optional but recommended (Black, Lipstick Red, Cadium Yellow, Salmon Pink, Sun Tan, Sand, Chocolate, Mint Green), A4 Journal, A3 Drawing Cartridge Paper pad, A3 Bleedproof Marker Pad (70gsm), 0.1 and 0.2 Calligraphy Pen (Black), 0.4, 0.2, 0.1 Artline Pen (black). All other materials needed will be advised of from week to week, these include items like coloured paper, scissors, glue ect.
Casual clothing (Warning: This might get messy), closed in shoes
Beginners (16 years +)
Vendor since 2017
Penelope Bell is an Australian, Brisbane based illustrator. Taking inspiration from fashion, textiles, flora and fauna, films and everyday life Penelope’s signature style is sophisticated, joyous and free. Penelope specialises in fashion, childrens and botanical illustration, with watercolour being one of her main art mediums.
Penelope has an impressive skillset with over 15 years experience working in the fashion industry in design, illustration, visual merchandising, public relations and marketing. Penelope illustrates for luxury and heritage brands including; Max Mara, Michael Kors, AJE, CAMILLA, Opera Queensland, Brisbane Racing, QueensPlaza, Pacific Fair, Treasury Hotel and Queensland Art Gallery of Modern Art (QAGOMA). She is the Creative Ambassador for Toowong Village and has recently completed her 12 month fashion project ‘Consciously Spending Less to Create More’.
Penelope studied Fashion Design at MSIT and was selected as a recipient of the Lord Mayor’s Young and Emerging Artist’s Fellowship. Find out more by visiting her website, here.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide refunds.
If cancellation is within 7 days of the class, you can reschedule to another class (if available) of the same value within 6 months. If Cancellation is less than 7 days notice you can rebook at 50% fee for another class (if available) within 6 months.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a refunds.
If cancellation is within 7 days of the class, you can reschedule to another class of the same value within 12 months. If Cancellation is less than 7 days notice you can rebook at 50% fee for another class within 12 months.