In this full-day, hands-on workshop you will have access to a range of simple blocks made from recycled materials as well as being able to create their own. The blocks will be used to explore multi-coloured design options and a way to experiment with surface patterns using eco-friendly printing inks onto fabric.
You will also learn about basic colour mixing and heat-setting printed fabrics.
Additional teatowels will be available on the day for purchase at $10 each
What you will learn
- Have fun using a collection of blocks made from recycled materials and explore pattern, colour, and layering. Take home a printed linen tea towel.
What you will get
- A fun session learning about pattern creation through printmaking. All materials will be provided to make your own block printed designs. Printing inks, some ready made blocks, cotton calico and a linen tea towel to take home.
Parking is available on the street.
This workshop is suitable for anyone interested in surface design and fabric printing. No previous experience is necessary..
Sunshine Print Space is an artist-run collective focusing on printmaking processes. We provide facilities for screenprinting on textiles and paper, lithography, and lino block printing. We offer introductory workshops in a range of traditional and experimental printmaking techniques. We offer small group sessions and can cater to private groups or individuals as needed.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$40.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
- Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Sunshine Pirnt Artspace or organised by Sunshine Pirnt Artspace must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Sunshine Pirnt Artspace
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Sunshine Pirnt Artspace unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Sunshine Pirnt Artspace classes and events or on Sunshine Pirnt Artspace premises. (For use of Sunshine Pirnt Artspace marketing materials).