She's back! If magical underwater fishing scenes with dancing, crescent-moon crowned mermaids appeals / galaxies far far away / or perhaps life size kitty cats holding hands with young girls whilst dancing through the tulips is floating your whimsical sail boat / or even a night sequence of swans and turquoise blue frogs frolicking under the stars is more your dream, then please welcome Irem Yazici from Eskisehir, Turkey.
Irem Yazici is a self taught fibre artist. She works as a full time artist in her home studio dividing her practice between hand embroidered accessories and creating one of a kind artworks. Inspired by the whimsical things and surrealism, her work is a combination of her illustration and embroidery practices where she explores through colour and texture.
This workshop will include some classic stitching techniques, but more importantly how to freestyle hand embroider, demonstrating how to mix techniques together in a piece to create bold textures and patterns.
The Windsor Workshop is located on level 1 of 115 Chapel Street, Windsor. Windsor train station is a 4 minute walk, or jump off at Duke Street stop on Tram 78. All day parking is available behind Paint Spot, Windsor (opposite the station) for around $7/day.
Our workshops are suitable for persons 16 years or older.
It is likely you will be photographed at the workshop, so please let us know if you do not want to be published.
Terms and Conditions / Cancellations
The Windsor Workshop reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if the class is cancelled.
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know within four working days of your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than four working days' notice is given. Due to the nature of limited places, working with artists and purchase of materials, we cannot offer refunds.
Purchase of your ticket indicates acceptance to these terms
- fundamentals of embroidery i.e. how to choose appropriate fabric / threads and embroidery techniques including everything from needle painting through to french knots
- how to apply these techniques in a mindful way and how to think outside of the more traditional embroidery boundaries by learning how to merge different fiber art materials i.e. beads / pom poms / sequins / fabric scraps
- Mixing stitching how to create your own patterns and textures whilst stitching and embellishing your own ‘space / galaxy’ illustration to create your own designs
- Wooden hoop, fabric, DMC cotton threads, needles, stitch directory, transfer paper
- Information to reference at home post workshop
- You will be treated to an array of fine food / coffee / tea / wine to feed your creative energies
- Please bring bucket loads of enthusiasm - you will be unleashing your unfounded creativity.
Your finest embroidery clobber
This class is for all skill levels, and textile enthusiasts.
Vendor since 2015
We are a creative hub for the arts / crafts / design movement providing workshops and events to inspire.
We seek out and promote local Melbourne based Artists.
We unleash the unexplored creativity in people.
We provide a social gathering for people to slow down and team up.
We create a sensory experience that will get people talking.