Where do I start…
Visible Mending is exactly that - the reparation, restoration, stitching, darning and fixing of garments and household items in a visible and revealing way. Perhaps we could describe it as a beautiful scar. But visible mending has SUCH an important role in this fast paced and modern society we currently find ourselves in.
Use it to be more sustainable.
Use it to save money.
Use it as a mindful activity to slow down.
Use it to be and look truly unique.
Use it to feel a sense of accomplishment.
Here, at The Windsor Workshop, we are very much focused on process over finished product and this workshop honours just that.
What you will learn
- How to visible mend common items, for example – holes in t-shirts or stains on t-shirts / socks / rips in jeans or sheets
- A collection of visible mending stitches to use and practice
- Different ways to invisible mend including stitching, patching, embroidery patterns, sashiko and mending devices
What you will get
- Notes on basic stitches and visible mending techniques to take home as well as a list of resources
- A visible mending kit
- You will also be treated to an array of fine food / coffee / tea / wine to feed your creative energies
What to bring
- Please bring bucket loads of enthusiasm - you will be unleashing your unfounded creativity.
What to wear
Your holiest t-shirt
This class is for all skill levels, and textile enthusiasts. Suitable for beginners
Find an inspiring workshop – ceramics, painting, watercolour, weaving, pottery, leather making, gin tasting, punch needle, ikebana, kokedama – you name it!
We are a creative hub for the arts / crafts / design movement providing workshops and events to inspire.
We seek out and promote local Melbourne based Artists.
We unleash the unexplored creativity in people.
We provide a social gathering for people to slow down and team up.
We create a sensory experience that will get people talking.
We have been described as "the craft version of a spa day".
The Windsor Workshop has an average rating of 4.9 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 4 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$50.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 4 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 4 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Our workshops are suitable for persons 16 years or older.
You may be photographed at this event.
The Windsor Workshop reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if the class is cancelled.
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know within four days of your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than four working days' notice is given. Due to the nature of how we pay artists, order materials and supplies and pre-pay for catering and beverages, no refunds are available.
Purchase of your ticket accepts these Terms and Conditions