1970s Hair and Make-up Workshops
by Thread Den
Our Vintage Hair and Make-up workshops are a fabulous and fun filled 4 hours. Miss Lee will take you through iconic make-up and hair styling from the 1970s while looking at the social and historical impact of the time on these styles.
Learn to create Farrah's flick and the pastel eyeshadows or disco dazzle from the era known for festivals.
Rather than a look and learn approach, these are hands on classes where you will learn the techniques to transform yourself! Pull on your glad rags, grab some friends, bring a bottle of bubbles and join the loveliest afternoon that you could imagine.
- Roaring 20s Fabulous Flappers
- 1930s Hollywood Sirens
- 1940s - V is for Victory
- 1950s Pin Ups and Perfect Pouts
- 1950s Up-dos - Bumper Bangs, Poodles & Bandana Style
- 1960s Bouffants, Beehives and Twiggy Eyes
- 1970s Farrah Hair and Festival Flair
- Make-up application
- Retro grooming methods
- How to set your hair
- A glamorous new look
- A morning, afternoon or evening of fun and great company!
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Pop a few things in your pocket book. We'll let you know in your confirmation email what make-up you'll need.
- Feel free to bring drinks and nibbles to enjoy with your new friends!
Wear something utterly gorgeous! But don't wash your hair on the day or the day before. Clean hair is really hard to work with.
Vintage vixens, retro lovers & anyone who wants to build their confidence.
Vendor since 2013
Learn to sew and make your own clothes.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick Street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here.
Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
- Cancellation requests received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start are not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- All cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will be processed back to the original payment method less the 25% fee.
- Refunds are processed as soon as notification of cancellation is received, allow approximately 3 days for your banking institution to show the refund to your account.
Request for Transfer:
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants transferring their booking within fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date incur a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Effective 1 November 2019
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/