Hair and Makeup with Miss Lee
(Private Dates Available)
Our Vintage Hair and Makeup workshops are a fabulous and fun filled way to create memories with friends and loved ones. Miss Lee will take you through iconic makeup and/or hair styling while looking at the social and historical impact of the time on these styles.
Rather than a look and learn approach, these are hands on classes where you will learn the techniques to transform yourself! Pull on your glad rags, grab some friends, bring a bottle of bubbles and join the loveliest afternoon that you could imagine.
For ideas and themes - click here.
What you will learn
- Make-up application
- Retro grooming methods
- How to set your hair
What you will get
- A glamorous new look
- A morning, afternoon or evening of fun and great company!
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
What to bring
- BYO cosmetics. We'll let you know in your confirmation email what make-up you'll need.
- BYO hair brush and comb.
- Feel free to bring drinks and nibbles to enjoy with your new friends!
What to wear
Wear something utterly gorgeous! But don't wash your hair on the day or the day before. Clean hair is really hard to work with.
Vintage vixens, retro lovers & anyone who wants to build their confidence.
Learn to sew, craft and create with Thread Den.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick Street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew, craft and create. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to.
Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. Click here to sign-up.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 1 day before class starts. An admin fee of AU$35.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 4 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$10.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 4 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Taking part in a workshop at Thread Den is fun and we love teaching people our craft, but here we have to get serious for a moment:
It is your responsibility to clear your diary for the booking you've made - especially if there are multiple sessions in your course. If you want to finish your project(s), you need to attend all workshops. You'll also need to arrive on time. We can't start again because it just isn't fair to your fellow participants.
Allow us this indulgence for a second, our workshops and courses - are usually sold out weeks in advance. It isn't a quick switch to pop you into another workshop. If we have an appropriate session where you can attend to keep going, we will try to offer you a discounted space. If that isn't possible, you will need to book a private lesson to stay on track (the minimum cost is NM -$144 or M -$119.52).
We also won't follow you up to check that you are coming along to class and/or that you have the right supplies for your class. Almost every workshop will require you to bring along your supplies, for some workshops we sell a supplies kit at an additional cost - but not for all. If you are unsure about what you need, just shoot us an email - firstname.lastname@example.org . We also want you to learn and love what you make as much as possible, please carefully consider the fabrics we recommend that you use. If you choose a fabric that is suited to a more advanced level you aren't going to enjoy your experience.
We've tried to answer any questions you could have in the workshop description, but again, don't hesitate to email us for any further details or with any queries. We loooove to see that fabric you are thinking of using and sending you off to some of our favourite fabric and habby suppliers.
Thanks for sticking with us and reading through those annoying details.
The details of our refund policy appear during the booking process.
- If you are required to isolate, with the supply of a medical certificate or COVID-19 testing referral covering the date of your workshop, you will be able to transfer your booking without incurring any penalties.
- Your safety is our priority, we reserve the right to make decisions if necessary to preserve the safety of all.
- In the event of a medical emergency, we may have to seek ambulance services on your behalf and at your expense.
- Classes are subject to sufficient enrolment numbers (usually this is 3 participants).
- We reserve the right to cancel any scheduled course.
This policy can be viewed on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/