Our Vintage Hair and Makeup workshops are a fabulous and fun filled way to create memories with friends and loved ones. Miss Lee will take you through iconic makeup and/or hair styling while looking at the social and historical impact of the time on these styles.
Rather than a look and learn approach, these are hands on classes where you will learn the techniques to transform yourself! Pull on your glad rags, grab some friends, bring a bottle of bubbles and join the loveliest afternoon that you could imagine.
For ideas and themes - click here.
- Make-up application
- Retro grooming methods
- How to set your hair
- A glamorous new look
- A morning, afternoon or evening of fun and great company!
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- BYO cosmetics. We'll let you know in your confirmation email what make-up you'll need.
- BYO hair brush and comb.
- Feel free to bring drinks and nibbles to enjoy with your new friends!
Wear something utterly gorgeous! But don't wash your hair on the day or the day before. Clean hair is really hard to work with.
Vintage vixens, retro lovers & anyone who wants to build their confidence.
Vendor since 2013
Learn to sew, craft and create with Thread Den. Workshops offered face-to-face and online.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick Street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
Thread Den has developed a teaching model that is supportive and nurturing, designed to make each student feel like the focus of our attention, whether you learn with us face-to-face or online.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew, craft and create. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to.
Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. Click here to sign-up.
Refer to the Terms & Conditions for our Refund Policy.
For face-to-face workshop s - if you feel unwell, do not attend your workshop. With the supply of a medical certificate or COVID-19 testing referral covering the date of your workshop, you will be able to transfer your booking without incurring any penalties.
- All refunds are subject to a 25% administration fee.
- Refunds will only be processed back to the original method of payment.
- Refunds are processed as soon as practicable. While Thread Den’s part of the process should be undertaken within three days of notice, the combination of the bookings platform and your banking institution’s processes will also influence the exact amount of time taken for you to receive the refund.
Cancelling Your Booking
- If you no longer wish to attend a workshop, we require notice at least 24 hours or more prior to commencement. It is essential that you receive an acknowledgment from us as well.
- The Refund Policy will be applied.
- No refund, transfer or credit will be supplied if you have made a cancellation request the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start.
Transferring Your Booking
- If you wish to transfer your booking to another workshop we require at least four days notice prior to the start date of your original booking.
- Bookings without date changes can be transferred to another person without incurring any penalties.
- Changes to your workshop or the commencement date (within all other terms) will incur a $10 administration fee.
- Changes to your booking date will not reset the four day notice period.
- Your safety is our priority, we reserve the right to make decisions if necessary to preserve the safety of all.
- If you feel unwell, do not attend your workshop. With the supply of a medical certificate or copy of a COVID-19 testing referral, you will be able to transfer your booking without incurring any penalties.
- In the event of a medical emergency, we may have to seek ambulance services on your behalf and at your expense.
- Classes are subject to sufficient enrolment numbers.
- We reserve the right to cancel any scheduled course. In the event of a cancellation, students will be notified two days before the scheduled start date and refunds will be provided.
This policy can be viewed on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/