Whether it is; perfect pouts, alluring eyes, pin curls, Victory rolls or finger waves, there is something delightful about immersing yourself in an era gone by.
Once there was a routine, that was almost a ceremony, to skin care and daily preparations.
In three and half hours (or as listed above) Miss Lee will take you through retro skin care, makeup application from popular eras. We'll give you a good dose of grooming and deportment as well.
Themes of our Vintage Hair & Beauty Workshops:
- NEW! Pin Up Beauty Bar, makeup & bumper bangs. Just 2.5 hours! 6:30-9pm (includes a complimentary scarf hair tie). Learn a quick, but stunning look to get you out the door when you are in a hurry.
- 1920s Pin curls and pouts Hair & Beauty - 3.5 hours.
- 1930s Hollywood sirens Hair & Beauty - 3.5 hours.
- 1940s Post war glamour Hair & Beauty - 3.5 hours.
- 1950s Perfect pouts & wing tip eyeliner Hair & Beauty - 3.5 hours.
- 1960s Smokey eyes & beehives Hair & Beauty - 3.5 hours.
Feedback from our hair and makeup classes:
"Thanks to Miss Lee and Dan for a completely amazing fifties hair and makeup session! We all thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon and all looked simply stunning - ready for a crazy night on the town!" - Jeannie
"We had so much fun at our 50s hair and makeup class on Saturday. I can't thank Thread Den, Miss Lee and Danielle enough. You guys are AMAZING!" - Bridie
Bookings and Cancellations Policy – Click Here
A Hair and beauty workshop is offered once a month, a different decade is featured each month.
- Retro makeup application
- Retro grooming methods
- How to set your hair
- A glamorous new look
- An afternoon or evening of fun and great company!
- Pop a few things in your pocket book. We'll let you know in your confirmation email.
- Feel free to bring drinks and nibbles to enjoy with your new friends!
Wear something utterly gorgeous! But don't wash your hair on the day or the day before. Clean hair is really hard to work with.
Vintage vixens, retro lovers & anyone who wants to build their confidence.
Sunday 24 Sept. 1950s. Sunday 29 Oct.- 1960s
Vendor sincce 2013
Have you played with the idea of learning to sew? Do you day dream about making your own clothes?
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here. Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Thread Den is located at Level 1, 329 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, or find your own unique style.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy Link - http://www.threadden.com/_pages/bookings_cancellations.html
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.