Introduction to Silversmithing - Metal texturing
(+1 more date)(Private Dates Available)
This workshop will provide everything needed to make a pair of Dangle Earrings to take home on the day. Participants will be shown step by step the process of creating a completed pair of dangle earrings, the techniques can be adapted to make a pendant, wall hanging or keyring.
Workshops are adjusted to suit individual needs.
Everything is provided for the workshop, including:
* Copper, brass and aluminium sheet metal, cut into basic shapes and other handmade templates (ie leaf shape)
* Upcycled beads
* Ethically sourced Sterling Silver for the wire.
** chain for pendant not included
1. All materials to complete a piece of jewellery. Either a pair of earrings or keyring or a pendant for a necklace.
2. Light Snacks, tea and coffee.
WHAT TO BRING
1. Water or preferred drink
** STEPS - The venue has a small flight of stairs with an individual wheelchair lift available.
NOTE: By purchasing a ticket you agree to be photographed at the event. If you do not want to be photographed please inform us when booking your ticket. Thank you.
Concession and Early Childhood Educator discounts apply. Please message us for details.
What you will learn
- Participants will learn introductory silversmithing techniques, including metal texturing and shaping.
What you will get
- A pair of handmade and unique Dangle Earrings, a relaxing and mindful workshop.
There is a carpark out the back of the building, at
34 Princhester st.
You can enter the building from this carpark via the steps at the back of the house, which lead directly into the workshop area.
* BACK CARPARK CAN BE MUDDY IN WET WEATHER
There is on-street parking on Thomas st, free at the southern end of the street, but halfway down the street timed parking starts, please keep an eye out for the signs indicating this.
What to bring
What to wear
Beginner, 20-70 age
Auburn in Love is a Creative Silversmithing Studio focusing on providing mindfulness through the process of creating unique pieces of metal jewellery and small objects.
Mindfulness and meditative moments can be achieved through the process of designing, making for a purpose, texturing and finishing the piece through the therapeutic process of filing and polishing the piece.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 1 day before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Auburn in Love or organised by Auburn in Love must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Auburn in Love
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Auburn in Love unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Auburn in Love classes and events or on Auburn in Love premises. (For use of Auburn in Love marketing materials).