This short wheel throwing series is perfect for getting a taste of all the basics of making pottery on the wheel! You'll learn throwing, trimming and glazing. Come away from the series with up to five finished pottery pieces hand made by you.
Imagine yourself making a vessel to sip your morning coffee in, or maybe make a gift for a treasured friend! You can collect your fired pieces before Christmas 5.30-6.30pm 12th, 13th or 14th of December.
Price includes 8 hours of class time, materials and firing cost!
Ceramic classes at Pink Ember Studio are relaxed, friendly and LGBTQI+ safe, with a maximum capacity of eight participants per class.
Your teacher: Georgia Howard
Georgia (she/her) studied in Virginia, USA and is a wheel thrown ceramic artist and teacher. Her work explores functional ware with special interests in expressive forms and decorative glazing. As a teacher, she aims to create accessible learning environments for all students
If you are an NDIS participant and would like to use your NDIS funding for booking into this series please get in touch and we can organise that for you.
Pick up times of fired/glazed pieces before Xmas:
12th, 13th and 14th of December
What you will learn
- All the basics needed for making pottery on the wheel!
- Wheel throwing, trimming and glazing!
What you will get
- Unlimited clay supply and leave with up to five handmade pieces by you!
What to bring
- Water bottle
- Small hand towel
- Face mask
What to wear
All skill levels
Pink Ember is proudly a queer artist-run initiative. Beyond its well-crafted workshops, this space serves as a centre for artists, providing art studios, exhibitions, and events by artists.
Central to Pink Ember's ethos is creating a safe, warm, welcoming environment. All class sizes are kept small for more individual attention, and we are committed to making our workshop experiences as accessible as possible.
Pink Ember has a dedicated ceramics studio as part of the larger venue.
By coming to a ceramic workshop at Pink Ember’s specialised ceramics studio, taught by ceramic fine artists and very experienced teachers Georgia Howard and Aoife Billings, you are welcomed to be part of our community of artists and locals who regularly attend our events and workshops.
Pink Ember Studio has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 7 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$20.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 7 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Policy (terms and conditions for you)
- Please attend all classes of the series you've booked into. Limited fill in classes reserved for students who are sick/cannot attend due to extraordinary circumstances. Get in contact ASAP if you cannot attend a class you have booked into
- LIABILITY WAIVE - Pink Ember will not be responsible for any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property brought into the premises.
- PHOTO & VIDEO - By booking in, you agree to give Pink Ember unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at classes and events or on the premises. (Let us know on the day if you don’t want to be photographed)
- BEHAVIOUR - If a participant's behaviour is racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist, abusive, violent, threatening or discriminatory, Pink Ember staff have the right to ask such person/persons to leave the premises immediately.
- COVID - If you are required to isolate or have Covid during class times, please contact Aoife the workshop manager as soon as possible via email@example.com
- NEWSLETTER - By booking into a workshop at Pink Ember Studio, you agree to be put on the Pink Ember newsletter. A monthly update of what’s happening at the studio - e.g upcoming events, markets, and workshops. You can unsubscribe easily by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter.
Our part of the customer service policy
- To provide a safe, clean, supportive, creative environment in which to learn and develop your craft.
- To provide individual attention as much as possible to each participant, making sure you are getting the most out of your workshop experience.
- We will be on time and attentive
- We will endeavour to respond to customer enquiries or complaints within 24 hours
- If for any reason we have to cancel a class, we will provide the customer with a full refund or credit to attend another workshop.
- Customer complaints will be taken very seriously. If you are unsatisfied in anyway please do not hesitate to let us know. By filling out our consumer survey at the end of the lesson you will be helping us greatly in adjusting our service delivery to the needs of our valued customers.
Wheelchair access to our studio will be available. If a customer requires an assistant such as a disability support worker, or sign language interpreter, they are welcome to bring them to the workshop without additional cost.