Kids After School Art Classes-Mornington
Kids Art - After School Classes - Mornington
Art classes are an excellent way for children to move through lack of self confidence, anxiety, social difficulties along with any other situations.
Kids who participate in the Arts develop -
• Confidence, Pride & Passion
• Communication Skills
• Problem solving abilities
Your child will get to paint their very own works of art, using non-toxic acrylic paints, they will be guided to achieve the best outcome with their work. They will be encouraged to use their imagination and incorporate decision making and self-expression.
Little artists are given a choice of what subject/style they would like to learn. Therefore they are asked to bring an A4 display folder with colour copies of examples/pictures they would like to paint. This is the best way I can teach them how to go about completing a project. From there they will learn many techniques and begin to develop their own style. Alternatively, for older children, if preferred, they may bring an IPAD/Tablet which will need to contain their choice of images, If so, please download images prior to class. (digital equipment is also at owners responsibility)
Arriving to class fully prepared, assists them to focus on painting their project.
Using acrylic paints they learn how to complete their work from start to finish, including drawing the image on a stretched canvas. They are gently guided, learning drawing and painting techniques & processes, colour use & mixing, brush care and responsibility amongst many other things along with social interaction.
Each child is different, so what may work for one may not work for another, in that case we find what works best for your child. At the end of the class feel free to pop in and have a look at your child's progress.
They will feel proud of themselves along with a sense of achievement. It is about boosting their self esteem, inspiring them, encouraging decision making and expressing themselves through creativity to feel good about themselves.
- Parents are not required to stay in the class as it is a drop & go activity
- In person classes will automatically switch to online in the case of lockdown
- Class may be postponed/cancelled in the case of insufficient bookings
What you will learn
- Your child will learn how to paint their own works of art using acrylic paints
- How to plan & compose their artwork
- How to mix colours, brush care, responsibility, techniques plus much more, whilst having fun
What you will get
- Kids get to choose what they would like to paint
- Engage in social interaction with like minded children
- Boost their confidence, feeling proud of themselves
- Step by Step instruction from a caring, professional artist
- Gain new skills
Google Maps - "Paint Your World"
Located in Mornington Industrial Park, Studio 15/1140 Nepean Hwy, Mornington.
Turn left at the driveway at no. 1140 (MIP) located where Moor Room Storage is, drive down the long driveway until you reach studio 15 at the RH rear end of driveway.
If you have arrived at Officeworks you have missed the driveway of 1140. Do a u-turn, go back around and take the driveway after Bata & before Officeworks.
If coming from Bungower Road be sure to turn right onto Nepean Hwy and do a u-turn at the lights where Bata is.
Ample free parking is available
What to bring
- Art Materials as per attached PDF lists.
What to wear
Please be sure to bring a smock, it's paint, it's messy.
Suitable for 5-9 years old
Food & drinks are not permitted during classes, a water bottle is ok.
About Paint Your World
Michele Cleaver is a contemporary Artist based on the Mornington Peninsula, her mission is to inspire, educate & uplift people through art. Her personal belief is that art & colour play an important role in our lives. Greatly influenced by colour, her art generates feelings of love, light & joy. She enjoys the flexibility of painting with acrylics, using texture, collage, and exploring various mixed media works.
Having worked with art for over 20 years, including teaching art to various groups of children & adults. Her painting styles are numerous and include fine detailed work to creative and colourful abstracts.
A passionate art tutor, Michele holds regular classes and workshops in Mornington, classes are also available online and a mobile service is available for those in need. Her motto is "Learn to Paint, Anyone Can".
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 7 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$10.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 5 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 5 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
- Please advise asap in the event you are unable to attend a class
- Refer to our refund & cancellation policy for full details
- Studio storage space: If necessary you are able to leave your work to be picked up later but please understand that the storage capacity is limited. A space is provided for ongoing students until your work is completed. Completed artworks or artworks left behind can only be retained for one month after which they will be disposed of.