3 Hours Corporate Breadclass
(Private Dates Available)
The warm complex aroma of a freshly baked load of bread can be an utterly tantalizing experience. Bread making and baking in general should be simple - and most importantly, fun.
Our bread making workshops will encourage you to have fun with your colleagues experimenting with bread. We'll talk you through the bread baking process, explaining each step along the way. You will be able to replicate this at home for the enjoyment of friends and family.
What you will learn
- Great Team Building Activity
- Knead & Bake delicious goods
What you will get
- Convent Bakery embroidered apron made from 100% Fairtrade cotton
- Welcome cup of Fairtrade organic coffee or tea
- Pizza for lunch, which you make
- Basic authentic sourdough bread techniques, which you will use on the day to mix and bake your own bread and rolls to take home
- 1kg of flour to take home
What to wear
Requires at least 8 participants up to a maximum of 35
The Abbortsford Convent is an extraordinary place and is becoming an important arts, educational and cultural precinct in Melbourne. It is an invaluable resource for the arts community for training and education, an incubator for creativity and the sharing of ideas, and a place for community participation and enjoyment.
The 11 magnificent buildings and gardens are spread over 6.8 hectares in a sweeping bend in the Yarra river and are surrounded by the Collingwood Children's Farm and Yarra Bend Park.
Nestled within the walls of the Convent Annexe or Kitchen Wing are two magnificent wood fired masonry ovens built in 1901, which were once used by the Sisters of the Good Shepherd to bake all food once served at the Convent.
It is in these amazing ovens that the Convent Bakery, through the hands of its Artisan Bakers, produces a unique variety of old-fashioned wood fired bread.
Convent Bakery has an average rating of 4.8 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.