Try the Wheel
(+1 more date)
A fun 2.5 hr session for adults where you will attempt the basics of throwing on the pottery wheel. All tools and clay are included as well as one piece to be trimmed fired and glazed in one of three glazes Allow approx 4 weeks until your work is ready for collection.
What you will learn
- You will attempt the basics of throwing : Wedging centering, and pulling up.
What you will get
- All tools and clay are included. You will make up to six small beginner pots and can choose to have one completed by our technician
What to bring
- An apron or old shirt and closed toe shoes
What to wear
Casual (Warning: this might get messy)
Open to everyone interested! especially complete beginners
Muddy Girl Studio is the ceramic studio of potter and teacher Claire Johnson. It is a boutique-style school, set in an idyllic location at the foot of the Dandenong. We only run small classes with a maximum of seven students ensuring you get the attention needed to grasp the fundamentals of throwing on the pottery wheel. The current team consists of teachers Claire, Alli, Linda, and Jess well as several dedicated volunteers.
Claire has worked in the ceramic industry for the past 20 years. Initially working as a facilitator of children’s clay activities for Clayplay Inc. She worked for commercial manufacturers such as Robert Gordon Australia and Clayworks Potters Supply as a technician and has undertaken freelance commissions from companies such as TXU and Heatmaster. She worked for Northcote Pottery Supplies in their education program for six years before setting up her own school in her home studio.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 7 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 7 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
By proceeding with a booking you agree to:
1. LIABILITY WAIVER
Take full responsibility for any damages to property or personal injuries which may occur while participating in classes and/or events organized by Muddy Girl Studio
2. That no transfers or refunds are available after the cut-off period (7 days prior to class commencing) for any reason including ill health such as Covid.