Let us help you on a sustainable gardening journey with our inspiring session, perfect for those resolving to use fewer materials and create less waste this the New Year. Understand nature's waste-free principles and apply them to cultivate a beautiful, eco-conscious garden.
Explore practical tips on becoming more thrifty by eliminating single-use items, repurposing materials, and even crafting your own. The session emphasizes the importance of prioritizing 'Reduce and Reuse' before 'Recycle' and explores how simple, reclaimed materials can inform creative garden ideas and projects.
Learn to source quality materials and avoid potentially harmful ones, and understand the significance of using the Earth's limited resources in your garden wisely. The session will showcase a number of platforms you can use to source materials, saving them from landfill and reducing the need to buy new materials embodied with energy and carbon.
Join us on this thrifty venture, to transform your garden into a sustainable oasis. Your planet will thank you for it. This session is one of five in a Masterclass Series "New Year, Greener Garden". Other topics include - Establishing a compost ; Garden Journalling: Slowing down and tuning in; Water-Wise Gardening: Thriving with Less; Sustainable bounty - growing enough.
Presenter - Teresa Day
Teresa has been responsible for the delivery of the community training program at SGA for over two years. She is a sustainable design professional with experience in community development and environmental education. A home gardener for over 20 years and a chicken keeper and forager she has a particular interest in personal sustainable choices and lifestyle changes individuals can implement within their home and garden to reduce their carbon footprint and connect better with their local community.
Book the Series Package for discount. Friends of SGA receive a 15% discount on all Master Classes. You can become a Friend of SGA here and GGPs receive a 30% discount.
What you will learn
- All manner of practical ways to reuse materials and reduce waste
What you will get
- Free recording for two weeks
What to bring
What to wear
Gardeners who are looking to save material waste
Sustainable Gardening Australia (SGA) is a not-for-profit non-government organiation dedicated to achieving a healthy biodiverse planet.
Its driving purpose is to:
- Encourage, educate and enable home and professional gardeners to adopt sustainable gardening practices to protect or enhance the natural environment;
- Provide information, education and undertake research about the natural environment;
- Reconnect people to the natural world through gardening; and
- Ensure an understanding of the impacts that gardening decisions about chemical and resource use have on the natural environment well beyond their neighbourhood.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
Terms & Conditions
SGA’s Booking Conditions
- Bookings are considered final once payment is made and no refunds will be given for non-attendance.
- If there are insufficient numbers for an event it may be cancelled or postponed by SGA. If this is the case, you will be notified and given the option of either a full refund or a transfer to a different SGA event of equivalent value.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled starting time for registration and seating